The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#29481 - 01/19/05 08:24 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
I just mainly discussed the expo and the benefits of attending. We touched briefly on scam artists that pray on women who want to work from home.

500 bags is a lot! Believe me. A special thanks to all the Boomer Chicks that sent items to go inside. I'm hopeful you'll receive some business from your contributions.

So much to do today. Ya'll have a good one!

#29482 - 01/18/05 10:06 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
When I first saw myself on tv, I had no eyebrows! And, have I always rolled my eyes like that? We're our own worst critics. I'm sure you looked like you only weighed 250! [Big Grin] [Razz]

#29483 - 01/18/05 10:26 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Sher,
Everyone hates themselves on the screen. I'm sure everyone else thought you were darling.
We do.
smile

#29484 - 01/18/05 11:32 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Sher,
I'm sure you looked just gorgeous but even if you didn't, who cares...YOU DID IT BABY!!!!!! You got where most of us can only dream of being. [Smile]
And we are so proud of you!

#29485 - 01/18/05 11:59 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sher, Sher, Sher, Can we talk?

EVERY, I say EVERY time we see ourselves on a video /tv, we will criticize ourselves. It's a given. It's suppose to be that way.
It's as natural as a poot after a pee in a woman's public restroom.( not guilty [Big Grin] )

Sher, you made me laugh with the words 300 lbs and no lips, but I heard the seriousness in your voice.

What can you do now to be satisfied with yourself for your "next" TV appearance. Lose weight,facelift,lip injections????

Here's a suggestion....look at the tape 100 more times til you are satisfied with you and your message..."OR"...Never look at it again!!

I am so proud of you
chickadee

#29486 - 01/19/05 12:18 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Sher Offline

You guys are goobers! If I didn't love you, I just don't know what......

Today my phone has rung off the hook about the expo! And, a reporter from our local paper that initially ran our press release left me a message that she wants to do a story. I'm supposed to call her back shortly.

Press releases are wonderful kids. I'm going to write one now for every single thing I do.

"Woman sweeps floor in her fat pants!"
"Woman cleans up accident left by 4 pound Yorkie!"

Gotta run. So much to do. So little time to drink heavily.

#29487 - 01/20/05 12:37 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
You do not weigh 300 lbs. It's the TV cameras. Some misogynist SOB designed them to make women look fatter. [Razz]

#29488 - 01/20/05 07:19 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sher, what fun. I can hear the excitement in your *voice*.

When I saw myself on television I looked like I was glued to the chair. I spoke well, but was used to speaking from a podium so I was keeping myself still...hands clutched to chair arms, butt shoved back, legs appropriately situated, etc. I have since had media training with our local, CBS Anchor, Al Sanders (lovely man) and learned that's it's good to move around when on television. What did I know. He trained me to act just like I do when speaking with someone face to face. I looked like a statue with moving eyes and mouth. [Big Grin] Too funny.

When is the conference? Keep loving life!

#29489 - 01/20/05 07:41 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Sher Offline

I'll keep telling myself that, Meredith!

Dotsie, the expo is this weekend. I'll be glad when it's all done so I can catch my breath for a minute.

I got a nice article in the paper yesterday.... front page. I'm very happy at all the free press we've been fortunate enough to receive. No way I could possibly have paid for all of it!

I sort of looked like a statue too, Dotsie. It's hard to know what the heck to do!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved