The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#29471 - 01/16/05 08:48 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Way to go Sher, I am so proud of you! I knew that you would be great.

Love and Blessings,
Cathi

#29472 - 01/16/05 12:02 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sher,
You make me laugh. Everything you write is Funny. So glad your TV appearance was successful. Mr Man and the map thingy...imagine if you "were" on your way to Oprah...that poor man, ha ha. Continued great success!

chickadee

#29473 - 01/16/05 02:54 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sher, i hope they show your nails on tv to make it worth your effort! [Big Grin] You're a riot.

Please come back after you view it and tell us what you think.

I remember watching my tape from a live television show immediately after I got home. I hardly recalled half the stuff I siad, but it all made sense. Phew! I wasn't that nervous because they were interviewing me about my project so I figured I should have all the answers and if I didn't I would just tell them so.

#29474 - 01/16/05 04:14 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
This is all too terrific! I would give just about anything to see the tape. I know you were super..heck, you're a boomer. What's not to love, am I right? Not only that, but you are one smart cookie...and funny. Wayyyyyy funny! And I know funny, k?

However, when you're on your way to Oprah's, I think I would drive Mr. Daisy myself...or take a taxi. ha!

JJ

#29475 - 01/16/05 05:59 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Erica Miner Offline

Loc: Southern CA
Sher!
How wonderful for you! Must have been some press release - size isn't everything, as we know. I'm very proud of you, I don't think you are being 'shameless' at all, and I hope someday I can also count myself among the 'going on TV, baby' crowd.

Congratulations!
Erica

#29476 - 01/16/05 06:23 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I'm glad to hear that all went well. My nails are to the quick, because I play the piano and I can stand all that clicking!

Dotsie always has such great marketing ideas - like getting the tape and playing clips of it on your site. Great idea!

Now how in the world are you going to stuff all those freebie bags for the expo with those nails??

#29477 - 01/16/05 06:39 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
How fabulous, Sher!!! Congratulations to you! Do yourself proud...

ooops...just skipped ahead to the next to last page...you DID do yourself proud! Way to go!!

But, what's wrong with short nails?

I musta missed something...

#29478 - 01/16/05 06:49 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
Well, my partner and I spent about three hours stuffing bags and we're still not done. 500 bags sounded a lot easier in my head.... before they took over every available space in my kitchen.

I popped off the nails tonight. Couldn't take them another minute. They looked good, but I've nearly poked my eye out ten different times.

It airs Tuesday morning, so I'll find out then what I said. I don't think I did anything too stupid, like broke into song or scratched my arm pit. Then again, who knows?

As far as EVER letting Mr. Man tell me he knows where he's going when it comes to a tv appearance, I've learned my lesson. In his defense though, we do live in Kansas and the tv station was out in the middle of cow county. I honestly thought we had driven up to a dairy farm until I saw the call letters on the sign.

Ya'll are the best,
Sher

#29479 - 01/18/05 06:30 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
There I was, minding my own business, sitting in my living room when all of a sudden.... BAM! I was staring at myself on TV.

And guess what? I weigh approximately 300 pounds and have no lips. I'm surprised I fit on the screen.

Good Lord! When did I become a troll? I seriously want to crawl under the bed until I am thin and twenty-years-old again.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!

#29480 - 01/18/05 07:37 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Sher, I just popped in to see how it went. I'm SURE you didn't look that bad!!! It's a shock when we see ourselves or even hear ourselves. I've been doing some audio lately, and I'm always surprised at how I sound. Someone sent me a note today telling me how southern I sound. I told them I thought I'd taken the 'southern' out! lol!!

Tell us more! What'd you say? Did you get all your 'talking points' in?

500 bags? That's a LOT. You definitely had some work cut out for ya!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved