The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#29419 - 01/09/05 04:13 AM Web-site Ready
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hello there friends,

I just wanted to make an announcement that my web-site is up and running.

The address is www.keepingthehope.com

Thanks for everyone that gave me this encouragement.

Love and Cheers,
Cathi

#29420 - 01/09/05 04:47 AM Re: Web-site Ready
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cathi, I've browsed your site and am thankful that you are willing to share the gospel. It's something we are all called to do in and I appreciate the way you are answering that call.

Do you have an interpretation for The King James Version? I use the New Revised Standard Version and it has the interpretation at the bottom of every page. I feel like a cheater, but it's an excellent crutch.

#29421 - 01/09/05 07:57 AM Re: Web-site Ready
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thanks Dot for visiting my site, and thank you so much for the feedback.

As I stated there, I use the Companion Bible which has an outline on each page. Now that I think about it, I need to add the fact to my web page that the Companion Bible has some Excellent Appendexes(SP) in the back of the book.

I know exactly what you mean, I used to think that I would never be able to read anything else but the NIV, until it was brought to my attention that the KJV is the closest to the translations from the original languages.

Even then, I couldn't pull away so easy, from the NIV, it was something that took time. I started comparing the two translations and each time I did notice some important points missing. Anyway, fast forward 5 years later, I can't imagine reading another interpretation but The King James Version.

However, as I write more articles, I will not leave out any interpretation. Please pray that God will give me the guidance to do His will and that I do not deceive anyone (unknowingly, of course).

Thanks Dot, I appreciate the encouragement. I really mean that, and as you get to know me, you will understand why.

Love, Hugs, and Blessings,
Cathi

[ January 09, 2005, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Optimumsteps ]

#29422 - 01/09/05 07:10 PM Re: Web-site Ready
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Congratulations, Cathi.

Beautiful site! May the Lord bless your work as you share his wonderful love with others!

#29423 - 01/10/05 12:55 AM Re: Web-site Ready
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thanks Songbird, I do so appreciate your comments.

My desire is to serve The Lord, and after so much prayer and guidance, I felt lead to do this.

I also sent you a PM reply.

Love and Blessings,
Cathi

#29424 - 01/10/05 01:32 AM Re: Web-site Ready
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Hi, Cathi. I checked out your site. Very nicely laid out, and easy to navigate.

Here's a good study tool to look at various translations:

http://www.studylight.org/par/

I'm a stickler for the original Greek and Hebrew as well. Our church is called Healing Word - so we place a high priority on the Scriptures. That's our spiritual bread of life!

Thanks for sharing your link! - Donna

#29425 - 01/10/05 02:25 AM Re: Web-site Ready
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
More Joy, Less Sorrow......now who could argue with that? Lovely site. [Smile]

#29426 - 01/10/05 06:34 AM Re: Web-site Ready
Wisdom&Life Offline

Talk about joy. You ladies have brought tears of joy to my eyes. I really shouldn't take the credit, it is The Lord who has used me to serve Him. It has been my prayer for Him to do that, and this has been in my heart for so long.

So I guess that this is a Praise report as well.

Donna, thanks for the site, and I saw yours as well. What a nice group we have here, we seem to be in the same sheet of music.

Also an FYI, many will say that the Greek in those times is different than the Greek today. Not so, I spent most of my life in Greece with my relatives and the words are the same.

Donna, you would be surprised as to how many Christians I have met that just do not want to know the original words from the bible. I find it to be sad, because man has really taken some words and twisted it to where I have seen people bound in chains, spiritually speaking of course.

Chatty, thanks for your feed back, I appreciate it more than you will know.

Truly my spirit has been lifted.

Love and Blessinigs,
Cathi

#29427 - 01/10/05 03:46 PM Re: Web-site Ready
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Cathi: I love the name of your site-Keeping the Hope! What an invitation! God bless you as you share others in any way he leads you to.

Thanks for the PM. I'll be in touch as time permits. Have a beautiful day, dear friends.

#29428 - 01/11/05 08:25 AM Re: Web-site Ready
Wisdom&Life Offline

God Bless you too Rhodi.

May The Lord, lead, guide, and touch each of you from this day forward! In Jesus Name, Amen

Love,
Cathi

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved