The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#27555 - 10/07/03 08:22 PM zat U Candice?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I just received my National Association of Women Writer's newsletter and if I am not wrong (the Queen? be wrong?), our very own Candice Johnson was featured in this edition.

Well? Ms. C...WAS ZAT U?

Me thinks it was and CONGRATS! [Big Grin]

#27556 - 10/07/03 08:39 PM Re: zat U Candice?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I was in here posting and read Jawjaw's post about Candice. I had to quickly open my mailbox and read Candice's article in the NAWW Newsletter. I knew it was being published, just didn't know when.

Yes, that is our Candice/my dear niece/my friend/my sister's loving daughter/the sweet cousin to my children/my very good and professioanl editor, etc. If anyone is looking for an editor, she's a great one, I promise! Very good at what she does, great ideas for improvement and formatting, gives constructive criticism with a smile and in a very kind way. Her article is a great reflection of who she is and how she works.

She will edit little articles, chapters, whole books, information for web-sites, etc.

I am very proud of who she is as a person and remember the day she was born. [Big Grin]

Hmmm, let's see should I tell any little girl stories in here? [Big Grin]

#27557 - 10/08/03 07:01 AM Re: zat U Candice?
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Your check is in the mail Dotsie. (You'd think I was paying her wouldn't you?)

Yes, that is my article. I had been thinking about writing something like it for quite some time. NOw I am thinking I might try to seel the idea as a column to a writers magazine. Something about getting to understand the Editor's mind so that writers can better work with us or prepare themselves for what lies ahead. I'll have to put this one on th back burner till I have some time to flesh it out.

While I work as an editor, I always thought of myslef as a writer first, although I so little professional writing anymore. Maybe that's why I try to look at things from both sides.

Anyway, I'dprefer no stories from my childhood, unless they are as glowing as the other remarks you just made Dotsie.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved