The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 203 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2757 - 08/30/05 08:21 PM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Smile, don't you dare stop posting. We would miss your educational, inspiring messages. You've always been a huge blessing to me.

#2758 - 08/30/05 08:32 PM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I don't mind if my posts are missed. If I do post something that is missed and I really want input, I'm a big girl. I just post again and ask for it.

We would all have to work full time to answer every post and every topic would go on forever. Maybe we should just realize it's noting personal and move on.
smile

#2759 - 08/30/05 09:57 PM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Smile, I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. I for one need and highly value your posts and voice. Sometimes this is a scary place for those of us who are sensitive or insecure...

[ August 30, 2005, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#2760 - 08/30/05 10:20 PM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Chatty,
I've been out of town and just now got back!
I agree with EVERYONE when I say, I love you and your posts! Don't ever feel like you are being ignored by me. Sometimes I just read and don't answer anyone.
But I do understand what you are saying. It has happened to me many times also, where I didn't get a response or maybe not as many as I thought I would. I think we all get busy or maybe don't have something constructive to add or it has already been said.
Hugs,
Robin

#2761 - 08/31/05 01:06 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Is there a full moon or something? Geesh.

#2762 - 08/31/05 02:42 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Full moon not sure, but unfortunatly I was in a rotten funk when I posted about being not ignored but slighted and thought maybe it was because I am such a outspoken person, right or wrong. I was feeling lonely and depressed and fat and useless because of many things going on about me but mostly because I received a late night phone call from the SPCA vet asking me to meet with some people coming into his office. They had brought in their 4 year old Lab earlier with what seemed t be severe pain and vomiting. He put the dog under and did extensive x-rays only to be shocked to see the poor dogs body riddled with straight pins. He had apparently been given the pins in some meat he ate and they were sticking inside him everywhere. He put the Lab down while he was under the anestetic, there was nothing else he could do. The man and woman were due in shortly to learn the outcome and the Vet knew it would be awful for them. I and another woman act as grief counselors for the organization. The cruelty of this act once we calmed down the owners sent me reeling. I could not imagine another human being doing something so terrible to an gentle, innocent animal and it literally rocked my world. I guess you all got the fallout of that emotion. I aplolgize and have put my whining to work for the betterment of us all I hope...I can be and am very strong for others all the time but then in private sometimes I fall apart myself, go figure.

[ August 30, 2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#2763 - 08/31/05 02:47 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

How can people even think of these things let alone do them? What in the world.

I hope you're feeling better.

#2764 - 08/31/05 03:16 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chatty, you must know how much we care and embrace you...your pain, wherever it comes from, is our pain too. What a cruel situation you had to deal with it...you're such a compassionate, kind soul, it must have torn you apart to see such evidence of sick cruelty. I'm glad you came here to be you with us...you call it "falling apart", I call it "being real".

#2765 - 08/31/05 05:36 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies,
Let's all go back and re-read the mission statement and regroup. We all have emotional fallout from time to time, and that's okay. Its who we are. We love each other, warts and all. And trust me, we ALL have warts.

But please, if you feel something here, or read something that is causing you pain, please say so, just as Chatty has done.

We cannot read your minds and we truly DO want everyone here to feel welcome, loved, and empowered by this site.

What we don't want to happen is for so much bickering and fighting to go on that:

1) Other people are turned off from joining
2) Dotsie sees her original mission of a place for women to gather, heal, and connect not worth the effort or,
3) For someone coming here needing friends, comforting, and understanding only to go away feeling even more unloved.

You don't have to post everyday. There are NO rules on when to post. You DON'T have to answer every post. There are NO rules on the number of responses you must provide.

What you SHOULD do, is post when you feel the need, answer when you have something constructive to offer, and help when you can provide a much needed answer.

Guilt has no place here. Some people have jobs, some people have family demands, and others just have nothing to contribute. Its just the way it is. It doesn't mean anything and we need to stop trying to read something into it.

Do what you can, when you want to, and know you are valuable to this forum and to each other.

And if you start trouble, if you want a good argument, or fight...check out a children's forum, cause we don't need or want you here.

And that is wayyyyyy more than I should or wanted to say.

Whew!

Now...where's my Oreo's.

JJ

#2766 - 08/31/05 06:09 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Chatty, I love you. My problem is time constraints. With mystery shopping, freelancing, merchandising and grandkids, I'm pretty restricted on time. Also, I just finished the last edit on my novel. The cover is designed, the back cover is done, so then the marketing starts and I'll still be busy! LOL

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved