The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 135 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#26750 - 06/08/04 06:17 PM Boomer screen names
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I wonder why everyone chose the screen names used on this site.
I chose "smilinize" because about the time I found this site my husband was downloading some photos from our wedding and he said something about the smile in my eyes. Then I liked the 'smile' signature to remind folks no matter what to smile.

Come on girls fess up. Why did you choose your boomer screen name?
smile

#26751 - 06/08/04 08:12 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
smile, your husband sounds so sweet. You got a winner girlfriend! [Wink]

My name is Dotsie because that's the nickname given to me as a kid. My real name is Dorothea. I'm named after Mom. Her nickname was Dotsie as a child. As an adult she was Dot. I guess I never grew up because I'm still Dotsie.

By the way, I don't like the nickname. It reminds me of Buffy, Muffy, or any of those other prissy names.

#26752 - 06/08/04 09:16 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Well, I chose Songbird because I like to sing. I'm usually singing and when I'm not, any thing can prompt me to sing. I'm also a songwriter!

#26753 - 06/09/04 04:20 AM Re: Boomer screen names
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was asked to address the local ASPCA at their award banquet and was introduced by none other than Bob Barker of The Price Is Right. He said to the audience, "we've heard many speeches tonight and this is one you'll be glad you heard given by our very own Chatty Lady with a wealth of information to share, please put you hands together and welcome Charleen Micheles." I never forgot that and a couple of years later after getting my lap-top I used the name. Suits me don't you agree? [Big Grin] It was that or Old Blabber Mouth. [Wink]

#26754 - 06/09/04 05:51 AM Re: Boomer screen names
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
You know Songbird, Jessie Colin Young did a song with that title years ago and I've always loved it.

It's simple.....I've always been a dreamer... I dream of happy things, faraway things, every day things, places I might go or things I might see, feel, or experience.

DreamrKate

#26755 - 06/09/04 01:51 PM Re: Boomer screen names
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Say Georgia reallllll slow with a Southern drawl....it comes out Jaw Jaw...

My Daddy and my Uncle Jug Butt (a.k.a Howard) named me Jawjaw when I was little. And yes, I WAS little once...

#26756 - 06/09/04 02:14 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I really like hearing all of your stories and they seem to fit your personalities or at least your on line personalities.

I would never have guessed jawajaw. It's a good one!

I am Lynn because that is my name. I never even thought about using anything creative or anonymous. Maybe that tells you something about me-I am honest to a fault.

Dotsie-what would you choose to be called? I like Dotsie and it fits you. You are not a Mufti!

Lynn

#26757 - 06/09/04 05:51 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks Lynn. Actually Dotsie is fine as long as you know I'm not a Muffy/Buffy.

My name sounds so kiddish and I'm 47 years old. Maybe that tells you something about me too. Just like Lynn being honest. I'm still a kid at heart.

It's great to hear the stories behind the names.

#26758 - 06/11/04 03:58 AM Re: Boomer screen names
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I chose Agate because I'm always so boring and use screen names like mko or molson, while everyone else seems to have these unique screen names. Agate came to mind because I had just written a poem about my compulsion with collecting agates:

Agate.
Red like blood.
Beauty hidden within pitted imperfection.
A treasure hard to find.
Search and search,
digging through rocks,
deeper and deeper.
Fingers cut and sore.
Maybe this one,
lick the surface,
looking for a rusty rainbow.
Disappointment,
thrown aside.
Keep looking.
Large or small, it doesn't matter.
The discovery of one
keeps me searching.
This must be the rush that gamblers feel.
Just one more.
Just one more.

Obviously not a poet [Roll Eyes] , but I was also thinking about people when I wrote this and the beauty that lies below the surface if people only look that far.

#26759 - 06/11/04 04:48 AM Re: Boomer screen names
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Thistle Cove Farm --- it's where I live and what I do. I told someone the other day, I'm not all that interesting but I do *really* interesting things.

I've enjoyed reading about y'alls names.

BTW, anyone have any trouble getting on the forums lately? Every time I've tried to log on, it's been kicking me off.

Are ya'll trying to tell me something????

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved