The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 237 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#26469 - 10/04/04 11:55 PM Re: A Funny Halloween Costume
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Love the guy's costume. I usually go to a Halloween party every year. Last year I was unprepared and had to go as a witch. This year I plan to have my daughter paint my face like one of the cats in the musical CATS. One year a couple came as a brick (the wife) and a brick layer (the husband). That was interesting.
And I just remembered a couple who came as a horse. She the front and he the back rushed off to the justice of the peace still in costume and got married. What a hoot. They're still married.
The year a major bank here fell sending the whole southwest into a terrible economic depression, I went as a 'Penn Square bank check--worthless.'
Once a guy came in a flest colored trashbag that looked like a condom and a sign that said "Safe Sex."

My daughter is the Halloween costume queen. She's already in a frenzy of costume making now. She makes elaborate costumes for her kids every year. Last year the youngest boy was The hunchback of Notre Dame with a costume similar to the one in the photo with legs coming out of it like he was much smaller. And she did the cereal killer one year too. Only I think she did a big cereal box with legs coming out and blood and a spoon and big mouth or something.
When the youngest boy came along, she dressed the oldest as an elaborate satin Aladdin and the baby as Abu-the monkey. This year the baby who is four months old will be a witch (boring by Becky's standards). She will have purple hair, purple and green striped legs and green arms. Not sure what the boys will be, but they are exploring a lot of options.

Chickadee, Halloween is so much fun. You'll have a blast.
smile

#26470 - 10/05/04 01:31 AM Re: A Funny Halloween Costume
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
Loved the guy in the cage. Very clever. You have to do this one, and send pictures!

#26471 - 10/05/04 02:42 AM Re: A Funny Halloween Costume
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Some great ideas too smiles! Halloween is like Christmas without all the work - Exciting. Thanks for the great ideas

I have already been out and picked up the material for the one JJ sent. I read the post and scooted outta here.

I will have to do the cage in Canada.I may modify it to 2 different characters though. Something like Grim reaper and I'll be a half rotting skeleton. Glow in the dark bones from Walmart.(feet) hands etc. Maybe a glow in the dark skeleton face etc.Oooh my mind is overloading...

Yes Dian I will get some pics. I love Halloween and haven't dressed up since leaving Canada. One of my favorites and a WInner - Change of life baby!

I had an old wrinkled woman(mask) with a tiny newborn baby on her back.

She was bent over and baby(me)was dressed in a real sleeper set.( stuffed feet.)
I was looking in the opposite direction. I used "my arms and head" complete with sippy cup and bonnet.

Her arms were around me holding me on her back.I had to walk backwards all night(feet covered by long black full skirt) but I had a blast.
My friend dressed as an old man.

We were quite the couple.

Oh I wish I had those pics now....hard to explain costume without them.

But my friends all saw this one already...

Oh I am excited. Can't wait...

Thanks again and keep 'em coming.

#26472 - 10/05/04 03:36 AM Re: A Funny Halloween Costume
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chickadee, Your excitement is showing. Sounds like you're going to have a terrific time.

Just talked to my daughter. I forgot the whole Star Wars series and the "Got Milk" costume which was one of my grandson's favorites--a big black 'sign' with a hole for his head and a white moustache with "Got Milk" on the bottom. Only problem was he got stuck in the door a couple of times. (I had the same problem when I was a bad check)

Love the whole costume thing. Like you said, Halloween like Christmas with less work!! [Smile]
smile

#26473 - 10/05/04 04:35 AM Re: A Funny Halloween Costume
chickadee Offline

Oh I'm glad you mentioned the door...good thing. I'll have to remember that...Can u imagine...All dressed up and no where to go [Mad]

Candice,thanks for your great ideas too.I am writing all of them down and taking them along because I am usually the one getting people dressed up... last minute [Roll Eyes]
Thanks to all you BOO...mers [Big Grin]

#26474 - 10/06/04 03:45 PM Re: A Funny Halloween Costume
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Several times my husband and I have gone as the Farkles.

The first time another couple dressed along with us. We frequented the Goodwill shop in Philly and purchased lots of polyester, plaid, stripes, rollers, gaudy pendants, and fuzzy slippers.

The guys were in optometry school with all these single people. The four of us who dressed like Farkles were married.

We put our hair in rollers, hiked our pants, blacked out teeth, and the guys slicked their hair and put dandruff on their collars. At one point in the evening one of the guys had toilet paper coming out the back of his pants. It was hysterical. The guys walked around slouched all night, wiping their noses and scratching. We even danced like doofuses. We were out there with hunched shoulders and funky hair, crooked lipstick and no makeup, dancing right along with the Playboy Bunnies, sexy cats with hardly a stitch on, and muscle men. It was a hoot. [Big Grin] When people talked to us we even spoke like Farkles HON...you know!

The four of us won first place. We had a half page, color photo in the yearbook. [Wink]

Ross and I have dressed like this twice since, but nothing will ever beat the time in optometry school.

We still vacation with this other couple. Every now and then Ross and I consider meeting them at some airport dressed in full Farkle fashion. Once when we visited their home we considered having our kids dress the part too for our arrival, but they wouldn't go along with it. [Wink]

We have a gold framed picture in our living room of Ross and I in Farkle fashion from one of the parties. People see the frame and pick it up. I think some have thought it was a picture of our relatives. They're not sure who it is. [Razz]

Now I'm not saying this to hurt any feelings. This is true. When we were the original Farkles in Philly, a couple guys from North Carolina came up to us and told us we looked like their relatives! [Eek!]

Have fun on Halloween!

#26475 - 10/06/04 04:00 PM Re: A Funny Halloween Costume
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I'm offended!

Not!

I live in North Carolina but my heart is still in New York and by the way, since I've lived here I think I've met a couple of those guys relatives! I hear that when I go to the State Fair next week I'm going to meet a lot more of them!
LOL

Dotsie, I forgot all about the Farkles! They were really funny, great costume idea!

#26476 - 10/06/04 04:00 PM Re: A Funny Halloween Costume
chickadee Offline

Dotsie, that is hilarious. I am almost tempted to get off that plane...Farkle style. My best friend is picking me up at the airport...after my 15 hr flight(with stopovers, of course) I'd be farkled. Ohhh...She would faint!

#26477 - 10/07/04 07:04 AM Re: A Funny Halloween Costume
mrsmuzz Offline

Loc: Orange, Texas
One of the funniest costumes I have ever seen was a guy dressed as Bill Clinton. His wife was dressed as a cigar! Complete with smoke coming out of the top of her head. I know that is not very timely right now, but it makes me laugh to think of them! It was a hoot!

#26478 - 10/07/04 12:10 PM Re: A Funny Halloween Costume
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Mrsmuzz, I don't think Bill Clinton or anything about him will ever not be timely. He's like a bad penny and keeps popping up everywhere. [Wink]

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved