The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#26203 - 11/29/04 04:01 AM Non-Boomer (not even a daughter of one)
Kristin Offline

I'm a non boomer but my friend Carolyn Howard-Johnson invited me over here and everybody was so welcoming on the Featured Writer board where Carolyn holds court (go Carolyn)--the last time I was so welcomed was over on the William Sadler BB (Bill Sadler is a "boomer" actor from "The Shawshank Redemption"). Also Blackexpressions and I'm white. Go figure. The short list about me from web page :

Kristin Johnson, an award-winning writer and a graduate of the University of Southern California Master of Professional Writing Program, has written about food for LivingRight.com and since her childhood is famous among her family and friends for baking Christmas cookies, particularly the family Nut Roll and German Christmas Cookies recipes. Her cookie-baking and her work on christmas cookies are for giving, led to a feature article in The Desert Sun in January 2003. She published her first novel, Butterfly Wings: A Love Story, in August 2000 and her third book, Ordinary Miracles: My Incredible Spiritual, Artistic and Scientific Journey, a collaboration with two-time Nobel Prize nominee Dr. Rupert A.L. Perrin on his memoir, was published by PublishAmerica in 2004. A produced playwright, she recently began working on her fourth book. She is a busy lady who also maintains Poems For You, a writing business that provides biographies in verse, or celebratory poems for all occasions. She’s involved with her local chapter of Women In Film and the National League of American Pen Women. She currently lives and writes in Palm Desert, California.

#26204 - 11/29/04 06:34 AM Re: Non-Boomer (not even a daughter of one)
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hey, hey, hey and glad to have you....this is the most well rounded group around and I am not necessarily referring to our sizes. But then if the shoe /or corset fits, he he!!! Welcome fellow cookie baker... [Big Grin]

#26205 - 11/29/04 07:02 PM Re: Non-Boomer (not even a daughter of one)
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Kristen, welcome! There's always room for another cookie baker. Any friend of Carolyn's is welcome here. I hope you enjoy your time here and come back often.

#26206 - 11/29/04 07:12 PM Re: Non-Boomer (not even a daughter of one)
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kristin, how about an autographed copy? I'd love one.

When my children were little we baked like fools at Christmas. We made recipe after recipe and gave them to neighbors and friends for Christmas. We always put a Baby Jesus cupcake in the middle of the cookie platters to spread the true meaning of Christmas.

I'll email you about buying an autographed copy.

I hope you'll stick around and post in the other forums. We love perspectives from other generations! [Big Grin]

#26207 - 11/29/04 07:55 PM Re: Non-Boomer (not even a daughter of one)
Kristin Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
Kristin, how about an autographed copy? I'd love one.

When my children were little we baked like fools at Christmas. We made recipe after recipe and gave them to neighbors and friends for Christmas. We always put a Baby Jesus cupcake in the middle of the cookie platters to spread the true meaning of Christmas.

I'll email you about buying an autographed copy.

I hope you'll stick around and post in the other forums. We love perspectives from other generations! [Big Grin]

I PMed you back, Dotsie, and I surely will stick around. How do you do the Bbay Jesus cupcake?

#26208 - 12/01/04 08:53 AM Re: Non-Boomer (not even a daughter of one)
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
White cake mix chocolate icing, dyed coconut(yellow)and one of those teeny plastic babies women use for baby showers. You can get a load of them for a couple dollars.

Ice the cupcake with chocolate icing and then plop some of the coconut (which looks like hay)in the middle. Then you put the baby on top of the coconut/hay. It looks precious and everyone knows it's the Baby Jesus.

Just call me Martha...but I choose to stay out of jail! [Razz]

#26209 - 11/30/04 11:43 PM Re: Non-Boomer (not even a daughter of one)
Kristin Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
White cake mix chocolate icing, dyed coconut(yellow)and one of those teeny plastic babies women use for baby showers. You can get a load of them for a couple dollars.

Ice the cupcake with chocolate icing and then plop some of the coconut (which looks like hay)in the middle. Then you put the baby on top of the coconut/hay. It looks precious and everyone knows it's the Baby Jesus.

Just call me Martha...but I choose to stay out of jail! [Razz]

Mmmm, sounds good!

#26210 - 12/01/04 12:24 AM Re: Non-Boomer (not even a daughter of one)
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Kristin: Welcome to a "home away from home". Hope you enjoy this forum!

I just visited your website and what a wonderful thing to do- Your book reminds me of the old days when I used to bake to my heart's content and give away to all the family and friends, christmas or not! (It's a way of spreading some cheer any day of the year!!! [Smile] )

I still bake and give away, but have cut down some on baking-- getting busy with other crafts now!

But I'm a firm believer that baked goods and handmade gifts are special!

[ November 30, 2004, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

#26211 - 12/01/04 03:36 AM Re: Non-Boomer (not even a daughter of one)
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Welcome Kristin,
Do hope you enjoy hanging out in here. Your books look really neat I can't wait to read them.
Maggie

#26212 - 12/02/04 09:06 PM Re: Non-Boomer (not even a daughter of one)
Kristin Offline

Thank you all for your welcome and for loving Christmas cookies, 'tis the season!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved