The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 195 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#25575 - 03/29/05 08:49 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Thanks ladies for your love and concern. I probably won't stop tanning. It just makes me feel healthier and happier. And, since I'm retiring and hopefully my stress level will go way down, I hope to drop off of quite a bit of my meds for depression and anxiety. I'll probably replace one stress with financial worries, but I still feel I'm doing the right thing.

#25576 - 03/29/05 08:53 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, walking is a cure for many ails. I'm glad you've realized this. It gets those endorphins going.

chatty, can you get the bulds at Target, or Walmart? What are they called?

Dianne, let me know how it goes. The thought of wearing shorts with these white road map legs is too much.

[Eek!]

#25577 - 03/31/05 10:04 PM Re: A Misfit Boomer
chichii Offline

Loc: Grande Prairie
Hello Eagle
I know how you feel, I also felt isolated until my daughter turned me onto this site. I live on the other side of Canada. The snow is slowly melting, the sun is shinning, spring looks like it has arrived but I won't hold my breath on that one. I just turned fifty-seven don't feel it, have to grown children and two grandchildren, I work full time as well, if I didn't work I would go crazy, even though my kids have family of their own, I still suffer from empty nest syndrome.

#25578 - 04/01/05 04:25 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Chichii,
You're a little farther north too. We were in Edmonton about this time last year for our grandson's hockey tournament (he was barely five at the time, but it was some of the best hockey we've ever seen!) It was COLD there, and lots of snow. But we made a wonderful tour along what they called the "cowboy trail": Caroline, Rocky Mountain House. We really enjoyed the area, especially driving along along the Rockies.

I can't work because of some persistent health problems. Loneliness was a huge issue until I came here to this forum. My mood, mental health, outlook and emotional well-being have all drastically improved since arriving here, although the energy levels are still erratic and undependable.

I enjoy being retired, even though it was a forced retirement due to health. For a long time, I felt guilty, useless, restless, isolated and an emotional wreck. Now, most days there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything there is to do...and I hardly even leave the house! Imagine what I could do with a little more reliable energy in the fuel tank...

Don't know how I'd fit a job into it all. Wouldn't want to have to now.

How old are your grandchildren? Do they live close to you? My husband has one four year old tri-lingual granddaughter here in Ottawa (she's his by blood and mine by heart), and a six-year-old Spiderman-crazy nephew in Edmonton we've both *adopted* as our grandson.

[ March 31, 2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#25579 - 04/01/05 04:45 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I imagine so Dotsie and they would be advertised as the sunshine indoors or something likie that you'd have to shop around. I get mine from a catalog and they are Spector Sunshine or something like that. You will definitely be able to tell the difference.....Why would anyone want to take scalding hot baths or showers, all they do is dry the skin and leave it damaged. A luke warm bath is best just use lots of a good soap, plenty of lather and rinse well. [Roll Eyes]

#25580 - 04/01/05 06:23 PM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'll be on the look out for those bulbs next winter. I'm relying on spring to do the trick now. Day light savings time begins this weekend. YAHOO!

I know I shouldn't take hot baths, but they are so relaxing. Some people drink to relax, I bathe. It feels so good! My skin is drying out, but I use oil in the water which helps a little. I'll take the wrinkled skin over a stressed, hunched body any day.

[ April 01, 2005, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#25581 - 04/01/05 06:32 PM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Hey that's the way I feel about my tanning too!!

#25582 - 04/02/05 03:59 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Good luck and condolences to you both, ha,ha,ha, to each his own!!! [Big Grin]

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved