The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#25555 - 03/23/05 06:05 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
EagleHeart...welcome dear friend. I ventured over to your web page and boy was I impressed by your book and I LOVE that cover! If you are almost 50, I want to go out and eat worms and die. I'm only 54 and honey, you look 30ish...it ain't fair I tell ya!

Hey all, if you haven't checked out her site, please do so. There's a lovely pic of Eagle, plus a book that looks very promising. The cover art for the book is fantastic. Very interesting!

Welcome again Eagle...don't let the reclusion become your friend...let us.

Hugs, JJ

#25556 - 03/23/05 09:45 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Jersey Girl Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Welcome Eagle Heart. There are a lot of friendly people here. You should find what you are looking for.

#25557 - 03/23/05 06:53 PM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, I'm glad you landed here. Please don't pick up your wings and fly away. We're here to encourage and support you.

I've been all over your site and appreciate what you are doing for people who battle depression. We have discussed depression, panic attacks, and the menopause meanies. None of this is new to us. Please hang out and continue to share. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

#25558 - 03/24/05 08:43 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thank you so much very all the warm words! Wow. I didn't expect to be so warmly wrapped in welcome like this! JawJaw, I truly am almost 50, it's amazing what makeup and a good photographer can do. And underneath all that makeup, I covet every laugh line and wrinkle, knowing what joys and battles put them there.

Reclusion has been a constant companion lately...but maybe this Eagle has found a better place to roost. I'm looking forward to getting to know you too!

#25559 - 03/23/05 10:40 PM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Welcome Eagle (yay! another Canadian on the site - we are growing in numbers [Smile] ) I'm sort of at the opposite end of the province to you, though [Smile]

I checked out your website, it looks lovely - and I ditto what's been said about the cover of your book, the artwork is beautiful!

#25560 - 03/23/05 11:03 PM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Kat Offline

Loc: Cape Cod Massachusetts
Welcome,
I am new here as well and eagerly drop by daily to read and be encouraged and inspired. I am a manic-depressive so I understand the depths of despair and isolation having visited there a few too many times myself. Learning that hope is ever alive was my hardest lesson. Now I love life and all the fun of living it. Be welcome and stay connected!
Kat

#25561 - 03/24/05 12:00 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Dear Eagle Heart,

I suffer from depression and panic/anxiety attacks. This winter has been especially bad. If it weren't for this group, I'm not sure where I would be right now. This group is a wonderful, caring group of women who are really interested in your life and connect with it.

Where is the website they are talking about?

Sherri

#25562 - 03/24/05 12:15 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Eagle Heart Offline

Hi Sherri,
I think this winter has been bad for those of us prone to depression...it's been such a long, dreary, cold, snowy winter, full of disturbing stuff in the news just about every day. It's difficult to get one's spirits up when constantly confronted like that.

I don't know about you, but the sight of the snow melting off my front lawn is somewhat hopeful that winter might finally be melting into Spring...although I think your corner of the world is getting more snow today, aren't you? Anyway, we do know by the fact that we just celebrated the Vernal Equinox that Spring is definitely on its way!

I love this time of year, and try to use that whole theme of New Life to bolster my hopes and spirit. It's good for the reclusive soul to bask in that warm sunshine as much as possible...I always try to get enough so I can reserve some for next winter!

That website is at www.eagleborntofly.com. I'm going to visit yours and others from these postings as soon as I can. In the meantime, it's sure good to be here!

#25563 - 03/25/05 09:21 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hi Eagle Heart,

Welcome to BWS! We are here for you.

Very nice website. [Smile]

#25564 - 03/25/05 07:53 PM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Eagle Heart Offline

Thanks MeridithBead,

Your jewellery is exquisite!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved