The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#25545 - 03/23/05 12:27 AM A Misfit Boomer
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi. I'm here because loneliness is overwhelming me and I need a place to come and connect with other women and plug back into life. I'm four months shy of my 50th birthday and am finding it very hard to fit in anywhere these days. I never had children of my own, which often leaves me feeling left out of other women's circles. I do have my hubby's delightful 4-year-old granddaughter to pamper, adore and brag about.

I've been suffering for over two years now from severe fatigue and joint pain, which can be so debilitating that it keeps me housebound for days at a time (today it's so bad I can hardly sit here and type). Over the past few months, I've felt more and more isolated, and keep catching myself crawling deeper into social hibernation. While I still have a few very close friends in the other province where we used to live, I have no friends here where we live now. Which makes it very difficult to leave that lonely hole...when it's just as lonely outside as it is inside.

But it's Spring. And Easter. And I believe in Resurrection, New Life and all that good news. I want to reach out and start connecting again. So I figure this is as good a time as ever to start, and so this is why I'm here.

#25546 - 03/23/05 12:43 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Welcome Eagle Heart,

Good for you for "stepping out" and finding a place to belong!

This is the most amazing group of women you will ever find! Welcoming, non judgemental, funny, full of life!

You will fit in here perfectly!

hugs and prayers your way!

Danita

#25547 - 03/23/05 01:06 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Gosh, it makes me sad that you are so lonesome. A lot of us here are reclusive. I have to force myself to get out of the house. I hope finding us will help you a lot. Welcome!

#25548 - 03/23/05 01:23 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Glad you've joined us Eagle Heart. You'll make a lot of friends here.

#25549 - 03/23/05 02:30 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Welcome Eagle Heart....I know about the "no children" thing - I'm 57 and never had any of my own BUT I've filled my life with cats and plants as a "substitute"! You will love the wonderful group of women here at Boomer Women and we will keep you laughing, and busy checking the forum, and looking forward to joining us every single day. It will distract you from your pain and make your life a LOT less lonely - I can guarantee you that.

[Wink] [Big Grin]

#25550 - 03/23/05 04:00 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Welcome Eagle Heart. You will find friends here. We'll keep you busy.
Louisa

#25551 - 03/23/05 04:07 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks everyone! You're right Pam, about wanting to check the forum...it's all I thought about all afternoon after signing out! Couldn't wait to get back here.

Just having a place like this to come to is already helping. Thanks for the warm welcome!

#25552 - 03/23/05 04:10 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Welcome to BWS, Eagle Heart. We are here for you, as we are here for each other. You've already made friends and you'll make more as you "travel" about our forums and meet other boomer women.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain, I too have a dibillitating disease that causes me daily pain. I somehow still "exist" with it, along with a healthy dose of pain medications.

Peace.

#25553 - 03/23/05 05:20 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Welcome Eagle Heart. I love your name. I hope you do have the heart of an eagle. Even in pain, with a heart that strong, you can soar.
Same to you Vicki.
smile

#25554 - 03/23/05 05:46 AM Re: A Misfit Boomer
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hi Eagle Heart...We are all living with pain of one kind or another, mental and or physical. It doesn't matter which, both can be devastating. I take comfort from the women here, my new family of sisters that accept me no matter what. Some of us put our email address's at the bottom of our posts, if you ever need to chat feel free to use them. In the meantime, relax, read, post and enjoy. Your life has just taken a turn for the fabulous...Women rule! [Big Grin]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved