The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#25099 - 06/05/05 06:15 PM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Welcome writegirl. My son is traveling in Europe as we speak. The lucky kid. He's been to France and Italy, and is going to Switzerland today, then back to France. I've been to Europe, but only England.

There are olts of writers who do link swaps on their sites. Be sure to include a page of LINKS on your site. It's one of the best ways to get free visibility on the Web.

#25100 - 06/06/05 12:22 AM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Welcome from me too. Congratulations on having your book coming out soon. Could you tell us a little about it?

chick

#25101 - 06/06/05 01:55 AM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hey Dianna ... my husband works at the hospital in Heidelberg ... he's the telephone guy. LOL

We haven't been to Europa Park. And even though I really didn't want to come here in the first place, now that we have less than a year left, I know we won't get to see everything we'd like.

While you're in Heidelberg, go to the Haupstrasse ... and, of course, if you can, the castle. It's absolutely beautiful.

The Mohave Desert sounds very hot. My home in AZ is in the high desert, 4500 ft. elevation so it's not quite so hot there.

Thanks for the welcome Dotsie. England is one of the places I'd love to go but it's so expensive, not sure if we'll get there.

And once I get my web site up (that in itself will be reason for great celebration) I do want to link with others. I believe the power of the interent is a awesome way to connect with others.

Chick ... well, here's the blurb that will appear on the back cover of the book:

Death in the Desert

Memories fade … but fear is everlasting

Fleeing the horror of September 11th, journalist Meagan Wagner returns to the tranquility of Arizona, only to discover that her nightmare has just begun.

Meagan is greeted by a nameless and faceless terror stalking southeastern Arizona. Hundreds of strangers crawl through the desert night, following the people smugglers who are guided by greed and a disregard for human life.

Parched bones and dying immigrants, ravaged by the sweltering heat, litter the once peaceful landscape of the desert. But, Meagan’s vulnerability and isolation intensifies as she witnesses the horror and shock of a busload of injured and dying children. Along with her close-knit community, fear turns to outrage with the realization that human lives are tragically taken at the hands of illegal immigrants.

In Meagan’s attempts to discover the truth and to help put a stop to the desert carnage, she risks more than her career. She learns that the price for justice and integrity can be paid with risking your life.

I'll be posting it in the writing forum soon. I'm hoping to do it as soon as the web site is up and operational.

Again, thanks for the welcome.

Blessings, Francine

#25102 - 06/07/05 01:12 AM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Welcome, Francine and Diana! Glad to have you two around and hope you enjoy this forum.

Francine, I can relate to your tech woes. I've had my share of ups and downs and am not done with my website yet.

Hope you gals have fun and learn to love this dear forum.

#25103 - 06/07/05 02:21 AM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Welcome Francine! I went to your website last night and was very touched by your honesty and images.

#25104 - 06/10/05 11:36 AM Re: HEY ... from Heidelberg
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Thanks for the welcome songbird and meredithbead ... I've been meaning to come back here but kinda got caught up in my "emotional dilemma" -- but I thank God for the women here at BWS ... what a joy to have a sanctuary of sorts to come to and ask for help.

Hugs and blessings,
Francine

PS -- Diana ... if you want, let me know when you're coming to Heidelberg ... if you're comfortable with it, maybe we could meet.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved