The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 204 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#24459 - 09/20/05 06:46 AM A New Beginning at 50's
Doddle50 Offline

Loc: Ware Shoals, South Carolina
I have raised a son, buried a husband, and given my service to all other family members in need. Now, I would like to take time for just me and if this sounds selfish, then I am. I seek a new location so that I can enjoy people and all the wonders that life has to offer. Moving will take much planning and considerations. I would love to move to Charleston, South Carolina seems as if the coastline is alwasy calling me, but an uneasiness seems to come over me...the not knowing. Some ideas or general advice would be helpful or just your moral support. Thank you!!!

#24460 - 09/20/05 05:25 PM Re: A New Beginning at 50's
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Doddle50, Welcome to a great place and warm women to relax against. I'm sorry it took so long for someone to respond to you, but I think some of us couldn't get to the site last night for technical reasons.

Anyway, taking time for you after all you've been through sounds wise and timely. There are so many wise women here who will be here shortly to welcome you in and speak their insights and support. I hope you enjoy being here, and I look forward to hearing more from you.

#24461 - 09/20/05 05:26 PM Re: A New Beginning at 50's
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wow Dooddle,

What an exciting opportunity you have! A new life, a new journey! I don't think it sounds selfish at all!

Tell us more about your dream for a "new place". What would this new place be like, what would you do there?

Danita

#24462 - 09/20/05 05:30 PM Re: A New Beginning at 50's
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Hi Doddle50

Welcome!

I think that new beginnings are a positive way of making a change in our life. And moving to a beautiful state sounds awesome!

Sometimes that's just the medicine we all need. A different change in scenery.

Do you have any family in S.C.? Have you been there before?

I would love to hear more about it.

Teresa :-)

#24463 - 09/21/05 07:08 AM Re: A New Beginning at 50's
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm with the gals on this one. Charleston, SC is a fun place. My sister lived there for a few years and visiting her was a blast.

Do you get the uneasy feeling when you think of moving away, or just when thinking of moving to Charleston?

#24464 - 09/21/05 05:25 AM Re: A New Beginning at 50's
Doddle50 Offline

Loc: Ware Shoals, South Carolina
Thanks to all of you for such a great welcome to the forum. It warms my heart to know that the world has so many wonderful people.

Dotsie--- My uneasy feeling occurs when I think of moving in general, but I lone for a new change of life. Saling my home; locating a new job before I arrive all weigh on my mind, but I have put the wheels into motion by searching for employment before arriving in Charleston, SC.

Teresa--- I do have family about a 20 minutes drive from Charleston, SC.

Danita ---- Thank you for the moral support; my dream "new place" is a beautiful city with arts, theater, the coastline at your door; new people and new cultures. My soul lone for something new in my life.

Eagle Heart --- Thanks so much for the warm welcome and I will continue my quest for a new life. My heart felt thanks, again.

#24465 - 09/21/05 06:38 AM Re: A New Beginning at 50's
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hi ya Doodle50....Moving to a new place, starting a new life is wonderful. As far as having a job when you get there, not too important since you'll have ready cash from the sale of your home. You could rent a place for 6 months giving you a chance to get to know the area and where you might like to live permanently and find a job. Sometimes we merely have to grab the bull by the horns and DO IT! You'll always find negative people and reasons why you shouldn't but don't listen to them. Just do it and have a ball...Oops sorry forgot to welcome you. Welcome!!! [Big Grin]

[ September 20, 2005, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#24466 - 09/21/05 06:42 AM Re: A New Beginning at 50's
kygal Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Doodle50,

welcome and let me add a vote of confidence to your move. At 42, I moved from the hometown I'd grown up in and lived all my life and moved to Canada to marry a wonderful Canuck. Left behind my dad, 2 sons in college and had just buried my mother. Was it scary? You bet! Was it the right thing to do? You bet even more... [Wink]

I had raised my 2 boys alone for 22 years and helped take care of a sick mom for over 15 years and felt it was time for me! So, spread your wings, take a deep breath and go fo it! If you don't do something for you.....no one else will... [Cool]

Hugs,

Mary

#24467 - 09/21/05 05:44 PM Re: A New Beginning at 50's
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Awweeee, the coastline at your door. How cool is that? How refreshing! How beautiful!

When I open my door, all I see is desert, rattlesnakes and tumbleweed.

A breath of fresh air in Phoenix is like putting your head inside a blowdryer and turning it on HIGH. YIKES!

I love my city........but I do dream of living by the ocean someday.

I say GO FOR IT! Life is not a dress rehearsal. Take a chance......

Teresa

#24469 - 09/22/05 07:00 AM Re: A New Beginning at 50's
Jersey Girl Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Welcome to BWS, Doodle50.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved