The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2236 - 01/15/05 05:21 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Don't be sorry. That's how you feel. If you can't tell us, then who can you tell?

#2237 - 01/15/05 06:13 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I can see how everyone looking up to you sucking up your strength can be exasperating at times and I see on your site how that occurs and yet I also see that you answer this challenge openly, head on and seemingly as their leader impervious to obstacles of your own. Maybe its time to let these women see you also have a vulnerable side. I imagine they can be alot stronger for you and for themselves if need be. I don't think anyone actually expects you to be this perfect stepford wife only there as a solver of their problems. No one, especially a married woman doesn't have problems of one type or another. Your human too after all. You hurt, you bleed, you suffer just like they do.... [Smile]

#2238 - 01/15/05 07:12 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
If you try to solve all these women's problems you will only exhaust yourself and diminish their power.
There must be a way, especially through the internet, or maybe through local groups that you could help more women by empowering them to get together to discuss and find solutions for their own problems.
I know that abused women find it difficult to open up and being in a face to face group might be very difficult if not impossible for many. I would think the anonymnity of the internet would be extremely helpful.
In a college business couse I learned that you should never accept responsiblity without authority. In this case, it sounds as if you are taking on these women's responsibility for their own lives without comensurate authority to control their actions.
That must be extremely stressful.
smile

#2239 - 01/15/05 07:36 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I don't know. I'm tired.

#2240 - 01/15/05 03:51 PM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Aww, geez, Dianne, no wonder you're tired. I just vistited your site and followed some of the links. Remember how Jesus had to go out in the boat once in a while? Or go up into the mountains and pray? Because people were always touching him and touching him. Even Jesus got tired and had to rest. Take a break. Take a vacation. Get some one you trust to cover you for a while. You need it. We love you and we want you to be healthy.

#2241 - 01/15/05 07:23 PM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ms D,
These wounded women are looking for answers, strength, and solice.(Tell you something you don't already know, right?).

You're it because they've found someone who will listen to them, and let them lean on without having to fear.

The problem I think is that there are so many abused women leaning on YOU that you can't breathe. You are there "safe-house" I think. I also think this can cause even more problems because you cannot be their strength. They have to learn to do it for themselves.

I've know women who would go to psychics on a regular basis. They wouldn't dare make a move without first checking with Madam Swammie (not her real name). Hello? ...who living who's life here? I'm not advocating that you STOP helping these women. I think you are very, very good at what you do. But I am saying that you cannot save the world. I think getting someone to come in and take over the site/forum, whatever say...once a week, twice a week, might just save your sanity...Not only that, it would give you time to go shopping for some new shoes...am I right? I do hope you have someone who YOU can lean on. Don't forget you've got a room full HERE.

JJ

#2242 - 01/16/05 08:58 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I saw "Jesus Christ Super Star" at a time when I was feeling drained from so many family, friends, and employees relying on me. The play brought a Scripture to life for me.
The scene where the followers of Jesus are at his feet with their hands up begging for help impressed me most. In the play at that point Jesus in exasperation pleads, "Go and heal thyself."
smile

[ January 15, 2005, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#2243 - 01/15/05 11:52 PM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dianne,
It might be good to take a leave of absence and re-energize yourself. You would be doing yourself a great injustice if you continued in your tired state. Abused women look up to the strong like yourself and admire you for being that way. They wonder how you do it and wish they could be like you. Some learn from you and others stay in a purgatory. You cannot be all things to all people. Having dealt/dealing with your own issues and helping others is admirable, but a constant reminder of abuse and abusive situations can take its toll. Your caring nature makes you hang in there, but you have to look after yourself before you can look after others.
What do you think would help ease your tiredness?
Keeping you in my prayers.

chickadee

#2244 - 01/16/05 01:47 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I don't know. Maybe using another outlet that I really enjoy, like learning screenwriting. I just get so tired sometimes, mentally and physically. I just returned from Paris so that was a break. Maybe it's the sadness of what I deal with and some of the horrible things I've heard that people do to other people. It's horrible, sad, depressing, not right. Domestic violence is not a pretty topic. I think I'm going to just kick back this week end and have some fun and relaxation. I need to refire my spirit.

#2245 - 01/17/05 09:55 PM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Amazing what a day or two can do to refresh your spirit. I'm feeling much better.

I think one of my problems is I've been kind of sick since I returned from France. So, I'm going to the doctor today as whatever I have keeps hanging on.

My dog and I kicked back and watched chick flicks all day yesterday.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved