The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#2204 - 05/23/05 05:37 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've responded to a couple of his posts. Maybe if he is truly a he, he'll learn something about women. He'll probably get bored after a while.

#2205 - 05/23/05 11:21 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, this is the first post that I have been able to figure out that sparticuss is indeed a man. I've carefully read other posts and some of them insinuate that he's a woman. This is a first. I will take care of this today.

#2206 - 05/23/05 11:55 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Only an ignorant man would write this about women "finally gettting equal wagesadn promotions.." Huh! In what world? Women are still earning only 76cents to the dollar that a man earns in the same occupation with the same education in the same region! Women are NOT finally getting equal wages and promotions! Women have to contend with taking time out, unsupported by the government, for child rearing and child care. They are punished for being moms in the workplace.

#2207 - 05/24/05 12:56 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Come on Lynn, tell us how you REALLY feel. [Wink]

#2208 - 05/24/05 02:19 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
You are right, Unique...it is not "thought-provoking," and I was a bit confused.
Another question which comes to mid is why a man would want to join a women's site like this and Dianne has pointed out that he must have issues with which he is dealing.
Personally, I do not buy into the male suicide rates as a result of divorce. Women are much more likely to have difficulty after divorce, given the aspects of support, childcare, and employment.
ARI

#2209 - 05/24/05 03:59 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well ladies I was again correct in spotting this jerk as a man or maybe the sad immitation of one. No man would want to be in an all womens forum unless he is just plain sneaky, can't relate to women in real life and in person or thinks hes being clever. This is the second one I has discovered and I am ever vigilant for my Boomer sisters and none will escape my detection unless hes really good but sooner or later if one slips through, I'll catch the creep so rest easy girls I am watching....My police training shows through! [Cool] [Wink]

#2210 - 05/24/05 06:05 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
How can someone get on here unregistered ? I want to know and that does sound like a man .

Strange !

#2211 - 05/24/05 06:27 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Ari is correct: statistics show that a woman's mental and financial health declines post-divorce, while a man's increases! Generally, the woman has custody of the children, and now has to bear all the costs of child rearing including day care on the aforementioned lower paying jobs. Men can work overtime to earn more because they don't have to worry about child care. And it costs a woman in legal fees to go after dead beat dads who don't pay child support. My single divorced girlfriends with children go through hell trying to make ends meet while the guys get new cars. And if there is a man on this site, let him deal with his issues elsewhere. LLL

#2212 - 05/24/05 06:33 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Ok. What's going on here? I'm gone for a week and come back to find a wannabe Kirk Douglas in the group? I just read the posts, Chatty and I agree. While it's great writing exercise for fiction to write from a different prospective, I don't think this forum is the place for it. This is a site for women. I don't really have anything against a man being in here, (why would one want to be?) but I prefer he be a man and say so, not pretend to be a woman.

Nancy, I think I know how one can get on here unregistered. I will answer that privately.
Louisa

#2213 - 05/24/05 07:08 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Have you ladies heard of 'trolls' and 'flaming'? I've never seen it in this forum, but apparently it is quite common in other forums. I don't hang out in places like that, but I 'hear' things. Inciting mayhem in public forums is like crying, 'Fire' in a theatre. Maybe it's a form of mental illness - I, for one don't have time. I come here to relax with my 'sistahs'. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he's in the Outback with a satellite connection, and therefore has no social skills. Who knows?

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved