The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#2184 - 01/09/05 08:37 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
And did you ever think that he was not only complimenting the beautiful outside Dotsie, but may have been able to see the inner you as well?

#2185 - 01/09/05 02:01 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I don't get it...I went to CVS last night, stood there for an hour sorting thru the toliet paper and not once did anyone compliment me...

As a matter of fact, I've been banned from the store. Something about squeezing the Charmin?

JJ

#2186 - 01/09/05 09:26 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Of course no one flirted with you JJ.
You were probably sorting the TP with the part of you it is to be used upon!
NOT your best side.

smile

[ January 09, 2005, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#2187 - 01/10/05 03:07 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Bad bad girl Smile. Poor JJ, not picked up in the toilet paper aisle and then put down by you. If I could spell it, I'd shake my finger and go nit, nit, nit.....but I can't spell that sound. Maybe I am cynical but when or if a man came up to me and said that, I would be leary, and make sure there was someone with me when I stepped outside that store. Guess I've read and written too many mysteries. Dotsie is beautiful and plenty of people know and say it. Beware of men spreading manur [Embarrassed] [Eek!] e....they scare me.

#2188 - 01/11/05 08:22 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh JJ, nobody can make me laugh like you. You're so amazing.

You know what? When a man flirts with me I get scared. Really nervous. I've had old geezers hit on me in the grocery store and that's because they've heard it's a good place to pick up women. Ask me cooking questions for Pete's sake! I'm so rude to them. "How should I know? Does it say Betty Crocker on my back?" I can't stand it! I'm wearing my wedding ring and not looking around. Good grief Louise!

I have a friend who is 48, built like something out of hollywood, sweet, successful, blonde...if we go out to dinner I can't even carry on a conversation with her because the men start flocking to us (her!). It's just impossible. But she's afraid of being alone in her middle age and dates some of the biggest losers. So, what does she do? Takes me to places with her so I can sniff out the guys and tell her whether they're losers or not. I'm like her Pitt Bull! I just wish she could believe in herself enough to hold out for the right guy.

I've had friends, middle age, divorced who completely forget about me if a man comes into the picture and you know what? The men notice this too and see a sheer act of desperation on the part of these women. When they are always available and never turn them down, these men know exactly how desperate the women are and dump them.

#2189 - 01/10/05 10:43 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Let's see....she's built like something out of Hollywood, men flock to her, she's modest...oh yeah, I know my heart bleeds for her. She's probably rich too, am I right?

Well, that ain't nothing. I've been told I look like something out of Hollywood too.

Who IS Godzilla? Must be one of those foreign actresses...right?

JJ

#2190 - 01/11/05 10:16 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Jawjaw, you must be confused. Godzilla is definitely not a redhead. Also, I don't think you're that tall.

Cracking up because for years my formal living room sported a blow-up 5' tall Godzilla. [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

#2191 - 01/18/05 07:54 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Hello all. I'm new to the board, and very glad I found this wonderful place to share. This is my first post.

I can relate to this topic. I have a girlfriend (late 30's) who just remarried. We were very close before the wedding and now she doesn't even have time for a 10 minute phone conversation because it will take time away from him (he's a nice guy, no complaints on that end).

He's just taken a job where he has to travel some. Now she wants to get together because she'll be "lonely" while he's gone. Due to short notice, the only free time I have is the evening that he will arrive back home. She wants me to drive an hour to her town, to meet for a quick "meet and greet cup of coffee" so she can be there when he gets home.

I do not understand (nor admire) neediness. And she is one of the last people in the world I would have expected to behave like this. The happiness I do understand, she deserves it. I just think there is danger in putting all your eggs in one basket, so to speak, and not maintaining friendships.

Just my two cents worth.

Whirlwind

#2192 - 01/19/05 08:42 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
whirlwind, welcome! Glad you jumped right in and started sharing.

Your post reminds me of dealing with teenagers. I have three and this is something we talk about at our house.

Sounds like your friend is smitten which is a good and fun thing.

Are you close enough that you might say something to her?

[ January 18, 2005, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#2193 - 01/18/05 09:50 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Whirlwind, I HAD a girlfriend like that. If I was dating a guy she thought nothing of calling while I was with him but the minute she started dating, she was too busy to talk to me. If I was lucky enough to meet the guy (she always kept them away from me, which I thought was an insult) she would hover around and over him like he might fly away. And, she always ended up getting dumped. Men (or women) don't like that. She's also the one to declare the loudest that she doesn't need a man to complete her. You know, that was 14 years ago and she's still alone. Sad but true.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved