The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#216076 - 01/09/12 05:44 PM Checking in
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
Morning Gals,
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. Holidays are fun but exhausting. Has everyone recovered from all the fun?

Just put up a new blog post, hope you'll take a look.
Let's make this a banner year! What has everyone got planned for this new year?

Alanna, aka Copygal

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#216086 - 01/10/12 02:59 PM Re: Checking in [Re: copygal]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Well, I have two manuscripts I'd like to see published. I'd like to see my name cleared of all these nemeses rumors. And I'd like a closer relationship with The Almighty. This last one I'm working on and have been for a long time now. Prayers and blessings everybody!!!

#216297 - 01/30/12 04:25 PM Re: Checking in [Re: jabber]
copygal Offline

jabber-hope those manuscripts are published soon, your name cleared & couldn't we all use a closer walk with God? Sounds like a do-able list for this new year.

Anybody else? What's on the back burner that you'd like to see become a reality this year? For widows, a new purpose is essential.

Alanna

#216298 - 01/30/12 06:04 PM Re: Checking in [Re: copygal]
Mountain Ash Offline

When we speak of back burners...and talk of aims and objectives
it seems we are putting off happiness.I prefer to have each day
as if it is important.Indeed a wise man in my past spoke of "every day is a bonus"

I have goals...eg my garden plan this year or enough in the freezer from summer fruits etc to see is through next winter.
I have notes on my to do list...to visit and spend time with friends and letters and cards planned to distant friends and relations.

The present is indeed a gift...and life being so fragile we owe it to ourselves to enjoy this gift. Today I shopped walked along the promanade then went for coffee.Rather than just another shopping trip going to the shore added to my day...it was only two streets from the car park yet made my day,a small change but for me so beneficial.

#216302 - 01/31/12 02:43 PM Re: Checking in [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

MA,
I like that statement: Every day is a bonus! It truly is! Somewhere in the Bible I believe it says, "Without a vision the people parish." So I guess we need goals and things to strive for. I like to treat myself with little side pleasures, ice cream, lunch at some restaurant, or a brief shopping excursion. A cup of white tea is an added pleasure! Life is precious! Absorb the sunshine; soak up the view; be heartened by smiles; and smile at everybody you meet. Life is beautiful. "Praise the Lord!"

#216636 - 03/12/12 08:48 PM Re: Checking in [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Life is what you make of it in most cases, and thats the truth!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#216643 - 03/13/12 03:35 PM Re: Checking in [Re: chatty lady]
copygal Offline

You're right Chatty, it's not what happens to you, it's how you handle it that matters.

#216671 - 03/16/12 09:03 PM Re: Checking in [Re: copygal]
jabber Offline

Chatty's statement is right on!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved