The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 200 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#21446 - 09/28/03 02:50 PM statistics...lurking?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay ladies, you will find this interesting.

I have been researching all the statistics for my site lately and have come up wiht some amazing facts. I have gone over them with my web queen who assures me they are truthful. The numbers made me say, "Yeah right!", but she says, "Yes, accurate!"....

I often have friends tell me they visit these forums and get so carried away they never get around to posting.

I also know women who are afraid to post because what if they spout off and later think they shouldn't have been so opinionated..

Others have said they don't have time to post, but will still read for an hour...

Some think they have to write THE perfect essay as though it will be graded with a red pen at the end of each day. [Eek!]

FYI: The month of August, 8,177 people at least clicked on the forum button. Now whether they lurked or immediately left I don't know.

So far this month, 8,160 people have at least clicked on the forum button.

I find this amazing, but my web queen reminds me that I must remember this is a world wide thing going here.

Anyway, I just wanted all the wonderful women in here to know that whatever we are saying, people are finding it very interesting. [Big Grin]

I am hopeful that lives have been touched by all of us sharing ourselves in here.

So please keep up the good work and know that something you share may very well be exactly what another women needs to hear.

Thanks for taking the risk of opening yourself to the beauty of new friendships and growth.

Blessings on us! [Wink]

#21447 - 09/29/03 03:51 PM Re: statistics...lurking?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dotsie, the forums are EXCELLENT! I'm not surprised, but I'm extremely glad this site is doing so well. We have a wonderful bunch of women, and in truth, we are a special generation, pioneers of a sort, and your instincts are correct -- we do not, in fact, have the opportunity to share these things in very many places. Kudos, my dear! You got a great thing started, and I thank you for that!
Hugs & Blessings,
Lil

#21448 - 10/01/03 08:06 PM Re: statistics...lurking?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lil, Thank you so much for the kind words...AND for being a part of the community. Hey, if wpmen didn't come in and post, we wouldn't have this community. So thanks to everyone and hopefully we are all in for a pleasant surprise as this ocntinues to grow. We can never have enough friends! [Big Grin]

#21449 - 10/01/03 08:10 PM Re: statistics...lurking?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
or enough chocolate... [Big Grin]

#21450 - 10/02/03 01:44 AM Re: statistics...lurking?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

AMEN!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved