The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 69 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#209133 - 11/24/10 12:42 AM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You're an angel for thinking of us Lola, thanks so much!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209158 - 11/25/10 08:50 AM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Thanks ladies for all your kind words for poppie, and myself and her two sons robert and lucien. I know you shared many of our daly troubles and joys for the last 4 or 5 years. Poppie this was a place she descovered becouse of her health problems at the time but quickly worked out that you didn't need her health problem to joine so thus allowed me to joine after poppie perswased me it be good and ok.

we both got to make many frends around the globe some we meet heer some in london, lola was a dear frend to poppie during her studies in london and when id visite a good frend to me aswell.

poppie had enough of her studies that we were in the process of seatling to weer we had to live next and to start her new bussness and a matter of weer to live best for lucien and also good for busness to be developed.

many women heer touched poppies hart and often we descuss our american and canadian frends many times when we were not just typing away too you all. Most of all anno adopting Lucien then adopting poppie as her adoptive mum from the states. She dearly enjoyed meeting anno and was sorrowfull if they were close and she could't meet them, like few mounths back for example. Poppie often be touched by many of the women heer mountain ash and eagle always had poems words of encouragement and a special softness for po and we all know she loved and needed that soft supporting love. for many years this was offered and recived by her and she emensly enjoyed that. I do hope many of her family not familure with this place get to know how much she was loved around the globe and of the runn up to the wedding and the exitment for that time " it was all about the dress" lol. Praying and knowing you all pray for whomever of her family and frends needed it when they were sick or worried or just hit a bumpy section to thir lives heer.

thanks on behalf of po for support through all the great days and all her sad days.

apart from those special times there was much to share daly untill live became too heactic.

At the end of po's life thir was some real happiness and exitment about new bussnesses becouse she had enough of studies to do so with real confidences in herself.

Po's very last day was an unusully happy and forwared looking one. i think one part of her soul knew what was going to happen later that day, together our day was very special.

about 10 years ago if you rember she suffored a brain bleed out...cousing an operation which saved her life. Unfortunitly the migranes returned and perhapps it was this problems reocurance that was to end poppies life. I found her on bed halfway through her nightly routine, watching tv. when i had finished my day, i went upstares with food and two decafinated cofes but sadly po has sudenly passed away. I though she fell asleep in an awkwared position. Hence noticing she was lying wrong, unfortunitly she had just passed and the ambulance men arrived to help but confirme she had indeed passed.

Robert is 24 and deeply saddended. Lucien is 6.5 and is still trying to hope, whish her back or ask the faries to bring her back. he's looking upon poppie and at times it seems its sinking in and other times he's lossing the concept becouse now thinks we can hold her in her home in belfast for some time to come. Unfortunittly for him and us all the cremitorium is today 1.30 afternoon our time, plse pray for poppie then and for the boys but especially for Lucien that he relises his love for his mum will go on but sadly she can not return.

he knows paulines spirite and soul is with god and what we have been doing now is getting poppies physical body ready to return to god also Hence the mass and wakes. this is our chance to say goodbye before we give poppies body to god. plse pray for all involved but a special one for lucien that he understands his mum is safe and his other mum is with god and he finds some peace eventualoly with this.

pauline heer in this room with me we have 3 hours before the undertakers arrive. the last all night wake and prayer vigiul is/was mine she was honered by many yesterday and last night

thanks for this thread and honerring poppies life this way. it good remberring the special times she spend heer and how much you all touched her hart.

after the cremitorium i am not sure what happens in life apart from we will all try to love our way around this time in our lifes and i belive it can be done and i am guiding Lucien as much and as carefully as i can. I also heer for robert for as much as he needs me. He is engaged and his new baby doughter was 7 weeks old yesterday. pauline felt great pride at this knowlage but considered herself a youn grannie at 42.

once again thanks for all this thread and everything you have done for poppie through many of her last years and trial and her joys. She missed dotsie very much but life was allways bussie and getting bussier.

plse escouse the duslecix spelling as usule.

many thanks and great love to you all

michelle xx

#209159 - 11/25/10 09:39 AM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: celtic_flame]
Mountain Ash Offline

Not covering up your tribute post Celtic..may I send this poem for Poppie.

Others have gathered together
Shared words tears and tea
Hugged each other held close
Her kin and her loved ones

But we who also care
Are scattered
In random places
Like poppies in the wind

A blood red petal here
In my Scottish homeland
Others fall oceans away
Paper thin soon to fade

Pepper pot seeds will scatter
Lie awhile then flourish
Rise again and face the sun
Nodding at noon closed at sunset

For poppies are for memory
Flitting in and out of thinking
So when I see a flash of red
A silver bauble.. hear an Irish voice

Through all my time here
I will hold Poppie …for a moment

#209175 - 11/26/10 04:59 AM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: Mountain Ash]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Celtic, thanks so much for stopping in on what I know is a very difficult day.

Mountain Ash, your poem moved me.

Poet and essayist

#209178 - 11/26/10 09:13 AM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Celtic, I'm holding you close in my thoughts. I am mourning my mom's passing. It's just 3 weeks since she's gone. So I know my dear friend how heavy your heart must feel. What truly helps me is to know and believe that our loved ones are in a better place, without pain, worries, or sorrow. They feel a true gentle happiness, unlike anything we could ever feel in our life time. This thought comforts me, and I hope will comfort you as well.

Mountain Ash, I love your poem. I read it several times. How perfect to compare Pauline to beautiful red Poppies. I bet she would have loved that too.

#209182 - 11/26/10 04:06 PM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: Edelweiss2]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm holding all of you, Celtic (and Lucien), Angelika and Orchid in my heart and thoughts. I agree with you, Angelika, there is comfort in having a faith that believes that this isn't the end and that our loved ones are happy, and still with us in spirit and love. I also believe that wherever they are now, they know all that they didn't know while here on earth, and are rooting us on to OUR best and happiest selves while we're still here. I know it's hard to grasp when we're in the midst of such agony and grief, but it's something I've been experiencing over and over and over again with each loss, that they really do want us to thrive and be well and happy...to live abundant lives.

MA, your poem brings tears to my eyes. I too love the relating of beautiful red poppies to our beautiful Poppie. Red poppies will forever bring Pauline to heart and mind now.

(Maya Angelou)

#209185 - 11/27/10 12:02 AM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: Eagle Heart]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
"For poppies are for memory
Flitting in and out of thinking
So when I see a flash of red
A silver bauble..hear an Irish voice

Through all my time here
I will hold Poppie..for a moment" MountainAsh

Celtic, I didn´t know Poppie intimately..but she brought light and laughter to my life when she sometimes commented on my posts here..mostly about music or maybe supporting/encouraging me in some way..she had youth and zest.. and I will miss her.

The news of her death..which reached me last Sunday evening..stopped me in my tracks completely. I was good for nothing the rest of that evening and the next day..

Thank you, MountainAsh, for being there so that I could write to you and try to understand..

Thank you, Celtic for stopping by here to write about what happened and also telling us a bit about her life of late.

My thoughts and love go out to all of you..I am so sorry..and so sad..but when I think of Poppie herself, I smile..because that is what she brought to me when we connected here and on facebook now and again..

Love, Humlan

#209187 - 11/27/10 10:21 AM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: humlan]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Celt, I am deeply grateful for your post because even in time of bereavement, you thought of us. There is much to convey in return for the great respect and goodwill shown over the friendships made here.

This is how I will always remember Poppie. For those who have not had the opportunity to meet her, Po is exactly as you see in the photo whenever we met. Happy. And, the two of us were, in Po’s words, “mad as a box of frogs” whenever and wherever we were together.

Poppie and I arranged to meet in person for the very first time at Liverpool Street Station when she travelled to London from Belfast for an interview at the university she was to attend. The immediate aftermath of the interview called for a pint of Guinness with others who had similar results. When she finally made it to LSS, we celebrated in what was drab in comparison because we had tricolore salad instead before she boarded the train which took her to the airport and headed off to Belfast.

A few months thereafter, Poppie returned to London to start her course and settled into student’s accommodation. Our long conversations on the phone from Belfast to London and vice versa, was now replaced by East London to Greenwich, and vice versa. The duration of our evening phone calls depended entirely on the battery life of Poppie’s mobile phone. Simply put, it finished when it ran low bat. We talked at great length over serious matters as well as those which are worldly. Nothing under the sun was barred. A reflection perhaps of the sense of comfort we both found within a friendship nurtured. We shared the same sense of humour being that we were both Monty Python fans, a tad with music taste and discovered that we were similar in many ways with past concocted mischief as cradle Catholic schoolgirls educated by Irish nuns. “Aye, a chara. Mad as a box of frogs were we.” Po would say with a laugh. We’d disagree, too. A few of those which were of a superficial note was that I was not too crazy over Mary Coughlan and she was not over Tina Turner. While I am not averse to a Big Mac, Po detested them and moaned and whinged for Ireland against MacD. We’d overdose on caffeine instead. And over the course of many cups of coffee, by a vote of an overwhelming majority of two, we had approved of red Converse and settled global ills. Then we'd make our way to the tube station on cold winter days with her bare hand tucked under my armpit for warmth. We always giggled that she always seem to misplace a glove whenever we met. As London had become Poppie’s second home because of uni, the opportunity to meet on a few more occasions presented itself. Po and I attended Mass, as well as visited Westminster Cathedral together. In 2008, we had the pleasure of visiting the Cathedral with Anno and Dennis.

As Anno stated, Poppie had a big heart. But, more importantly, when people come and go, only a few leave footprints in the heart. Poppie did. I will always miss Po. But in her own words, she now sleeps soft.

Celt, in the way I nurtured my friendship with Po, I continue to nurture yours and carry you and Lucien in thoughts and prayers, as I do Bert and all those Poppie held close to her heart. But most importantly Celt, I would wish the sadness away if I could.

#209193 - 11/27/10 02:54 PM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: Lola]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I just saw this, and I'm so sorry! I totally enjoyed Po and Celtic's post on this forum; I loved deciphering their lovely way of expressing themselves. I remember when they posted their wedding photos as well; such happy times.

Celtic, I wanted to meet you both when I was in Ireland two years ago, and it just didn't work out with your schedule and mine. My arms are wrapping around you now with a giant hug and lots of love for you and Lucien.

Lola, I had no idea you and Po had grown so close. I remember the photos of Po's jewelry and artwork. Such a wonderfully talented woman. Those meetings and conversations were so special to you and I pray you'll always keep those happy memories close to your heart.

My love and support to all who miss Po.

#209196 - 11/27/10 04:57 PM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Mountain Ash Offline

My feeling of grief are just not shifting..Lola you recreated shared moments and I bless you for taking care of Poppie in your adopted city.
Yes
some people add so much to our lives..I discussed my genealogy with Po. her folks live near my Irish roots..so somewhere in the long ago one of mine and one of hers may have had a contract..that being... that she came into my life full of talent
and hopes.That she took time to speak to me in our Celtic way..
and cared when I was hurting

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved