The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#208629 - 10/28/10 03:07 PM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anne,
I second your above posting!

Edited by jabber (10/28/10 03:08 PM)

#208657 - 10/29/10 08:39 PM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: jabber]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
there are few bad dogs, only bad owners. They need training, and need consistency in that. If a dog is overtly agressive, both dog and owner needs dedicated training to make that a non-issue. And it DOES take work. We can't disneyfy our animals, their brains work a whole nother way. Good on the pet owner that can embrace and see that, and be dedicated to their pet to make them a part of their home, and not a terror to the neighborhood, nor while walking and being agressive. Training is integral. Dogs are like kids, they need limitations and firm boundaries. Seriously!

#208883 - 11/10/10 01:13 AM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: judym]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am in total agreement with your words Judym. I have and still work with hundreds of animals in shelters, some are deemed mean or aggressive until shown discipline and love and then they are adopted into caring homes where all live happily from then on.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#208891 - 11/10/10 03:21 AM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

You know, I think that when someone surrenders their pet(s) to a shelter that they should pay a fee for each animal. Only a handful of shelters are kill free, most shelters give the animals a week or so b/4 they euthenize. Paying a fee to surrender the pet(s) could be used to pay for food, vet services, and other fees associated with the facility. Not to mention, prolong the life of the pet with a better chance to find a home.

#208901 - 11/10/10 03:01 PM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: ]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
We charge for every animal surrendered to us; owner-released or stray. We do not euthanize any adoptable animal. I truly admire those who work directly with the animals (I'm an accounting person.) We also have trainers that work with the animals on basic obedience before they are adopted so they are more likely to have a home. The animals we take in that are sick are taken care of and put into foster homes until they are all better and ready for adoption. Every animal we adopt out is spayed or neutered, has a microchip, comes with the first vet visit free, and the new owner takes home a free bag of food. We never recoup the cost of caring for the animal, either by admission fees or adoption fees. We exist because of the generosity of the public; we receive no government money. Our community is wonderful in supporting us with donations and bequests.

If you truly want to make a difference in an animal's life, look at your local shelter to see how they are run and where their funds come from. Volunteer your time and/or money - we couldn't run our shelter without our wonderful volunteers who walk the dogs every day, work with obedience training, socializing the cats and kittens.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#209220 - 11/29/10 12:06 AM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Sounds to me like Peaches' owners need to shorten that leash, big time or, better yet, move the pole to the BACK yard. the issue of a child possibly entering the yard is a major one. I hope Annie and Gracie recover quickly.

Carolyn

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved