The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#208460 - 10/17/10 02:53 AM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
That is a really good question about whether or not the dog is even allowed to be staked in a yard. I had not considered that. I have no doubt that Peaches could violate the invisible fence and end up in the street, or chasing a toddler. Annie went for the first follow up today, and no infection at any of the 5 wounds. I did not go with to see the unveiling of the first bandage, and replacement with second bandage. My husband said I wouldn't want to see it. Annie is picking up her toys, so that is a good sign, and Gracie is eating well. So, as Yonuh says, dogs are resilient, thank God.

#208467 - 10/17/10 02:35 PM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: Princess Lenora]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
PL,
Folks should not own dogs that attack. The exact thing happened to someone I know. Her rescue dog attack three times. The third time a person was accidentally bitten; my friend put her dog down. And it was a beautiful animal. But that dog could've attacked a child. It was always growling and threatening to bite strangers, and it hated other dogs, and deliberately jumped them and started fighting. The first two attacks were superficial wounds, but with each attack it got more and more aggressive. I have an inground fence. But we're in the country and have a large lot. It's just to keep our pets from getting into the road or bothering neighbors. But it doesn't mean something can't come on our land and get our animal. Sorry this happened to your dogs. Hope they heal and don't have any post-traumatic problems.
Prayes and blessings...

Edited by jabber (10/18/10 02:25 PM)

#208488 - 10/18/10 10:50 PM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lenore, I am sick for several reasons, besides for real with a terrible cold. One - no dog should be tied in the yard all the time, and I hate electric fences, they benefit lazy owners not the animal. Second, if these people have a neighborhood association and insurance it should pay ALL your expenses, if not then half by Peaches dogs owners is better than none, but get it NOW before they have time to change their minds. I hope your girls heal completely with no left over trauma.

This is for anyone who walks their small dogs.

Keep their leads attached to a harness, not a collar

so they could be jerked up and out of the reach of danger if it appears...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#208493 - 10/19/10 03:31 AM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

We use a harness for each dog. I'm not clear on the homeowner's association paying, but I will approach the dog owners later this week. Yes, we already got a check for half the expenses. I noticed that the dog has not been in the yard for the weekend. Even the rope that tethered the dog to the inground stake appears to be missing. My other neighbors have noticed it's gone too. When I call the owners to follow up on the progress of the care of my dogs, I will ask them to check with the HOA> If the dog is really gone to the farm, then the owners have nothing to lose. I hate the fact that my husband said that the woman did not come out to see what was going on (the attack) until after it was over. My husband did all the work of containing that dog, and making it release Annie from it's mouth. I learned today that when Annie was released, she fell to the ground. Chatty, I read that you were sick and going through some stuff. I hope for better days. Lynn

#208497 - 10/19/10 12:44 PM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: Princess Lenora]
jabber Offline

Chatty,
Sorry you are sick. Hope that cold eases up real quick.

PL,
I was told that Home Owners' Insurance pays for dog attacks.

#208509 - 10/19/10 11:28 PM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thanks Lenore, I am hoping the worst is over but still need the oxygen to keep my breathing regulated. I am just taking it easy and slow and am literally locked in my house, phone ringers turned off, so as not to have to deal with people wanting help with their problems. I have enough on my plate for now as do you I bet...Hope all goes well.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#208534 - 10/20/10 10:46 PM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Chatty, I am certain that many many people would come to you for help because you are a wise and wonderful woman. But sometimes, enough is enough. Jabber, and others who mentioned the HOA: today I emailed the dog owners to suggest that they cover the rest of the bills. Even a follow-up visit today costs money! So, we shall see. Going to be off line for a while. Hope you all take good care!

#208587 - 10/25/10 03:11 PM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: Princess Lenora]
jabber Offline

Good luck, Princess!

#208596 - 10/26/10 02:29 PM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I don't understand why, [if this biting dog, wasn't acquainted
with the inground fence, they left it tied outside.] They should've taken time to trained their pet; that, alone, makes
them at fault! And it's a huge mistake for anyone to keep an overly aggressive dog! IMO!

#208606 - 10/26/10 08:30 PM Re: No Fault Status? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Chatty, glad you are taking steps to get yourself healed, caretakers must take care of themselves first.

PL, safe travels and my best wishes go with you on your trip. Same thoughts to you, RE: becoming a caretaker for your mother.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved