The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 27 of 37 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 36 37 >
Topic Options
#205373 - 07/02/10 06:35 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Sandpiper]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Have you read Cindy's book, Kaleidoscope Memories? You know how I love nostalgia. Her book is awesome.

#205389 - 07/02/10 09:39 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I certainly have! And reviewed it. A very nice job, indeed.

#205519 - 07/07/10 05:24 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Kathryn Magendie]
cak Offline

Loc: PA
Hello, Kathryn,

Funny, I just a little while ago discovered this site and currently I am reading your book "Secret Graces", which I bought after reading "Tender Graces". I so enjoyed Tender Graces that I told my friends and my sisters they also needed to read it.

I have just published a book on Kindle (Just Until Tomorrow), and, being a new author, always read with an eye to writing style as well as content. Yours are excellent novels. Thank you.

#205520 - 07/07/10 05:37 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: cak]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Welcome cak...are you a member of the NABBW? Hard to tell by your call name, "cak." Welcome to the forums. We only have two rules here and they are simple ones.

1. Treat everyone with respect
2. No advertising of your book, product or service if you are not a member of the NABBW.

Other than that, we are a group of kind, caring, and friendly women and I believe you'll love it here!

Again, welcome and come on it, the water is fine!

#205521 - 07/07/10 06:09 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: jawjaw]
cak Offline

Loc: PA
Hello, jawjaw

No, in fact, I don't even know what NABBW stands for. So, if I
inadvertently adevertised, sorry.
This is the first day I've even seen this site. Just happened to see Kathryn's name and commented to her.

#205529 - 07/07/10 09:34 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: cak]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Girl, you didn't advertise. Not at all. If we can't talk about what's going on in our lives, what can we discuss? No, no...please don't think that.

Sometimes people come into the forums on a mission to sell, sell, sell. For instance, they might tell us all about their product, how great it is, or their book, or their whatever...and then will give links to their items encouraging everyone to buy them. They have no interest in the forums, and they are not members of the NABBW, The National Association of Baby Boomer Women the owners of this forum and of the association.

You, on the other hand, were simply telling about what is going on in your life. I love it when people jump in and share.

It's my job to make sure everyone is happy, and so I thought I would let you know about the rules, so you wouldn't have to go hunting the post. Nor would I! Am I being lazy or what?

So welcome again...please stick around and tell us more about yourself. We would love to get to know you better!

JJ

#205702 - 07/12/10 12:05 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I just finished reading "Blonde Chills," by Lynn Meiseles. An excellent read. EXCELLENT! One would not know this is a first-time novelist.

Now I want to say it DID start out slow and I even put it down for a bit thinking I wasn't going to like it...then I picked it back up and decided to read again. Am I glad I did. I was on the edge of my seat through the rest of the book. ABSOLUTELY!

If you like "who-dun-it" type thrillers, this book is for you. I thought I knew who the killer was about the middle of the book. NOT. I just couldn't figure out the who and why, and I'm a mystery buff so I'm pretty good at this. This author let me know real quick I'm back in the novice category.

What a good book. I can't wait to see what she does next. I'm declaring myself her biggest fan and official groupie.

Bring it on, Linda, your fan club awaits!

#205718 - 07/13/10 01:03 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I think I will try and locate the book to read, sounds like it's just my type of book to read.

Right now however since being fancy free of work (except for one small manuscript) I am reading signatures here on the forum and checking out other peoples blogs. Not that's fun!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#205767 - 07/14/10 11:04 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

I'm reading Cindy's book again...I'm working on her book trailer and am reliving her and her sisters' childhood...such wonderful stories and beauitful memories. This morning I sat on the front porch and over coffee read three quarters of her book non-stop. So captivating. Love it!

#205900 - 07/20/10 12:28 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Dee]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Jawjaw,
I was totally impressed with Lynn's thriller, Blonde Chills, as you know. I don't see how it could've been written any other way.

Edited by jabber (07/20/10 12:28 AM)

Page 27 of 37 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 36 37 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved