The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#205921 - 07/20/10 03:03 PM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: Anno]
Laurel D Rund Offline

Loc: Florida
Hi Anno,

Each decade, each year, each day ... every one of us has something to offer and to receive. We are all Significant, Special and Sublime!

Laurel

What might my life be like if I were to give in to the rhythm of my own ragged dance?

http://essenceoflaurel.com/

#205940 - 07/20/10 09:59 PM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: Laurel D Rund]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anno,
I think it's a good idea to have a wide range of friendships, from young to aged. Each group has something special to offer a
relationship. Age was never a consideration of mine; if I like
a person, I like a person. They can be 15 or 95; it matters not.

#205955 - 07/21/10 12:39 AM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am in complete agreement jabber. Women of all ages have someting to offer.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#205969 - 07/21/10 12:44 PM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Amen!

#205987 - 07/21/10 09:51 PM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: Anno]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Laurel, Anno, Chatty, Alice, Jabber, Dee and Edelweiss, and any interested "lurkers" to this discussion,

Love your discussion! Great ideas!

Starting up a new print publication is a dicey project.

My 80-year old mother tried it when she was in her 40's, funding it with the the proceeds of her divorce.

She had worked as a managing editor for a publication for years and decided to start one on a similar topic, but in a different region of the country.

This was in the 80s, of course, when we were in the midst of a similar recessionary period.

She hired me to manage the writers and my brother, a crackerjack sales manager with sales awards galore to sell the advertising.

I told her not to do this, but she persisted. Once I realized that was her plan, I made a presentation on her behalf at a bank in order to get her a loan for more operating money, then quit my job to join her, in an attempt to help -- since my brother and I knew she had no biz startup experience.

Bottom line: She put out a fabulous SINGLE issue. We couldn't sell any ads to support the expenses however, and in the end she lost her house and had to file for bankruptcy. This was a crushing blow that put her in a depression for years.

So I say don't put much thought into starting up a new print pub, but I do love your concept.

So how's this: We can certainly highlight your blog posts, featuring your "sublime, significant, sensational, sexy and savvy selves" when the new NABBW site goes live -- very soon...

How about it ladies, are you ready to commit to at least a post a month? Maybe weekly? If so, start writing some 500-700 word articles right now and stockpile them...

Don't worry if you haven't blogged yet, we will also be offering blogging lessons to our members - featuring some really cool tools Steve and his team have developed to help make blogging easier...

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#205988 - 07/21/10 10:09 PM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: Anne Holmes]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Anne, your mother was a brave woman. Sorry didn't turn out well re her magazine.

I agree the world is swinging more to electronic magazines and newsletters. Blog technology can be used to achieve a simple one.

Great that you will be offering guest blogger article writing opportunities.

I will have my 2nd guest blogger article published either today or tomorrow on someone else's blog. She is an expert wordpress.com support person at the wordpress forums. I think she may be a boomer...but wishes to have a variety of contacts and Internet friends of all age groups.

Guest blogging at someone's or another organization's blog, especially if that blog gets high traffic is a great win-win for everyone. And the host blog editor just needs lay down some rules so people don't promote junk sites/over promote their stuff that annoys readers.

#206015 - 07/22/10 07:03 PM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: orchid]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Good for you, Orchid, I'm glad you're doing some guest-blogging. You have so much of interest to say.

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#206041 - 07/23/10 08:36 PM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Anne Holmes, I just noticed your "Boomer in Chief" title; that
shows you how observant I am! LOL...Cute! Real cute! Your mom and her "proceeds from the divorce" threw me; I couldn't buy a pack of gum, with the proceeds from my divorce! wink

Edited by jabber (07/23/10 08:36 PM)

#206044 - 07/23/10 10:17 PM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: jabber]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
ah, Jabber, but you got away with your dignity!

I do not suppose that my blog fits into the model you are describing, Anne, but I do love to blog. I am anxiously waiting to hear about this new project and going live.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#206046 - 07/23/10 10:31 PM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: Anne Holmes]
Laurel D Rund Offline

Loc: Florida
Hi Anne, I would love to be a contributor! My best, Laurel

What might my life be like if I were to give in to the rhythm of my own ragged dance?

http://essenceoflaurel.com/

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved