The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 122 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#20545 - 08/19/05 11:22 PM Re: Important! Please Read
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
At yoga class I learned about Maca -- extract from a South American plant that contains natural hormones. The woman who was talking about it said she hadn't felt so normal in years. My Peruvian friend says it's very common in Peru.

You can get it at the health food store. I use the liquid drops in water. It's incredible -- gives me energy and clarity. And it's not harmful.

#20546 - 08/22/05 06:04 PM Re: Important! Please Read
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DJ, do you use this in conjunction with anything else?

Dee, love the visual that goes with your post!

Fifty, what amazes me is that if doctors know about herbal remedies when you ask about them, why don't they recommend them first?

#20547 - 08/22/05 06:19 PM Re: Important! Please Read
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Dotsie, because they don't make any money suggesting herbs. The drug companies pay the doctors to write scripts for their meds, good or bad. It's awful. They can make up to $500,000 a year writing scripts.

#20548 - 08/23/05 04:28 PM Re: Important! Please Read
MinniePauz Offline

Loc: Michigan
You all are right on the money (literally!) I just wanted to let you know that there are women trying Maca and other supplements every day, but unless someone shares their experiences, it's hard for the rest of us to hear about it. You're welcome to join the conversation and benefit from their research and stuff: http://www.minniepauz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=981

Wish I could post a cartoon here for you, but here's one for Dee (and the rest of you)
http://www.minniepauz.com/waterbra2.jpg

#20549 - 08/24/05 03:01 AM Re: Important! Please Read
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Check in this forum under Freebies for menopause advice and free sample.

#20550 - 08/28/05 04:10 AM Re: Important! Please Read
overthehillchick Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Interesting thread! I'm on NOTHING. And it's driving me up the wall! I've had no period for about two years now and hot flashes ever since. Tired? Talk about tired! I don't want to go anywhere and at times when I'm working (I wait on tables at night), I get this "dip" in energy. I'm thinking this is a low blood thingee...haven't checked it out yet, too busy! My bf keeps telling me to go to the gyn to have this checked out because he has the opposite, high blood sugar and tells me that having low blood sugar can be just as dangerous. Any thoughts on this?

Oh, I do have to say that ever since I started speed-walking, I've had a tremendous boost of energy. I just started and am going to continue to see if this is what my problem is. I'm 150+ pounds and I need to lose about 20 pounds.

Dorothy

#20551 - 08/28/05 04:20 AM Re: Important! Please Read
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The low blood sugar can drag your energy level way down and being overweight even 10 pounds can do the same. Sounds to me like you have found the answer in speed-walking but you prbably should have a blood test just to be sure there isn't anything medically wrong.

#20552 - 08/28/05 06:19 AM Re: Important! Please Read
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dorothy, do you eat anything when you have a dip in energy? If so, does it help? I know lots about blood sugar. My husband is a Type I Diabetic, and my daughter is a Type II. Fell free to ask questions.

#20553 - 05/29/06 12:30 PM Re: Important! Please Read
nutrovitasub Offline

Maca Extract Full Spectrum :

Planetary Formulas Full Spectrum Maca Extract combines a standardized maca extract with a whole maca root extract to preserve the integrity of the whole herb while delivering guaranteed amounts of important constituents.
Other Ingredients: sorbitol, stearic acid, modified cellulose gum, colloidal silicon dioxide, and magnesium stearate.

For Maca Extract Products :
Maca Extract

For More Information nutrovita

#20554 - 05/29/06 06:11 PM Re: Important! Please Read
Dotsie Offline
Founder

You are welcome to advertise on our home page at BWS. When someone pops in like this and doesn't post in any of our other forums, we view it as spam.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved