The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#203401 - 05/13/10 07:32 PM I'm outta Facebook !
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Facebook members: Did you see this article in Yahoo? It scared the willies out of me. Especially the comment about using your birthday and name to get into your bank accounts. Yikes.
Another thing; I set my Facebook account on strictly privat, in other words only for friends. Well I checked that today, and it was set differently on "Everyone". Somehow that was changed! Not good. I deleted my account.
Here is the link on the article:
Things to be aware of on Facebook

#203402 - 05/13/10 09:06 PM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: Edelweiss2]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What I found is that some items on FB have a "save" button while others just say your changes have been made. I have everything set to private, so hopefully, nothing will happen. I would hate to have to leave there. I find it fun.

Then again, nothing says we can't get a virus here, too.

#203408 - 05/13/10 09:53 PM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
At least five of my address book friends that NEVER joined Facebook found themselves unindated with junk coming from Facebook advertisers. Then I also saw a similar article about peoples address book friends being stolen and used. I also was set to "PRIVATE" and yet several people I would rather not hear from found me there and began contacting/harassing me. I closed Facebook and have never looked back and feel far more secure.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#203426 - 05/13/10 11:00 PM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

To ME myspace is much, much worse. After signing up there, I was blasted with junk mail that came from them. It drove me nuts.

Just my two cents worth.

#203432 - 05/13/10 11:20 PM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Never heard of spacebook before now, thank God for that!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#203435 - 05/13/10 11:25 PM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: jawjaw]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Spacebook? Haven't heard of that one. I have been on facebook for a long time and haven't had any issues. None of my friends have either. I keep everything to only friends and check often that nothing has changed. I also disallow any new applications that I might look at once and know I'm not going to use it again. There have been requests from people to be my friend; if I don't know them, I send a polite message declining and telling them I don't friend people I don't know. Occasionally, I get a request from a friend of a friend, but I always check that they really are a friend of a friend.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#203437 - 05/13/10 11:27 PM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: yonuh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Spacebook? What are you two broads talking about? Been nipping a bit?

#203439 - 05/13/10 11:34 PM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: yonuh]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I've been on FB for over a year now and haven't noticed any problems with FB-related spam or junk mail (I use different email addresses [aliases] for different apps...a specific one for FB, one for here, etc...most of our junk mail comes via my website email address, which is how I can tell where the "open door" for spam is located). I don't get any through my FB email address (or my BWS address either).

As for friend requests, if I don't know them or they don't specify their interest (eg, Fairyland), I click ignore. I never accept a blank friend request, even if it says it's been recommended by another friend.

I have too much fun and have met too many wonderful people there to leave...BWS and FB both fill a huge void and have made a valuable, much-cherished difference in my life and both have enabled me to be more social and empowered in other facets of my world.

Edited by Eagle Heart (05/13/10 11:35 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#203441 - 05/13/10 11:47 PM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I just have to share that a few weeks ago I received a friend request from a lady who was my next door neighbour/friend when we were very young. She not only lived in that town (where I lived in the late 50's/early 60's) but now, as an adult, she lives in the town I moved to when I was 9. She works right across the road from where our cottage used to be! Small world!! It has been a fun blast remembering our childhood together!

(Maya Angelou)

#203442 - 05/14/10 12:11 AM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Eagle...I'm going to get you! And you know what I'm talking about too! LOL!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved