The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 23 of 37 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 36 37 >
Topic Options
#202357 - 04/16/10 05:25 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: NikeChillemi]
christacatalyst Offline

I've really been intrigued by the book, "What if Jesus was Never Born?" Puts a very interesting, yet informative spin on Christianity through the past 2000 years. I'm curious to see how he deals with the Inquistion and other events.

Also reading "Little Pilgrim's Progress" (Helen Taylor) for the about the 30th time - this time with my girls! It's the cheat version of "Pilgrim's Progress" and very cool reading. I never did get through the orginal due to the language, though I tried a couple of times. This version is about the same reading level as Chronicles of Narnia, so very easy reading for mom and fun out loud reading for the family.

My other all-time favorite is the "Miss Match" series by Erynn Holbrook - but I am long overdue to get the third book. NavPress is missing the mark - after I read it twice - and laughed all the way through - I realized it was a teen book! LOL (Explained the easy sentence structure.) I had already bought copies for my mom (87) and cousin ("retired" 60 something getting her third degree so she can teach). They loved it as well. It's just plain funny. It's about this young confirmed bachlorette who has discovered her calling in life is to be a match-maker.... I laughed out loud the whole time reading (until 4 am- somehow my husband slept through all my noise....)

smile

#202505 - 04/20/10 12:28 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: queenmotorhome]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Just started Jodi Picoult's new one, "House Rules". she's one of my favorite authors, I've read all her books. This one has grabbed me from the first page.

#202516 - 04/20/10 01:52 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Women, Wealth and Giving, Margaret May Damen and Niki Nicastro McCuistion

A powerful book explaining how baby boomers give, volunteer, and create their legacies.

#202519 - 04/20/10 03:10 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: jawjaw]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I am rediscovering Sherlock Holmes. I recently bought the Complete Sherlock Holmes for my Kindle and am enjoying re-reading these old classics. It's a game to see if I can figure out whodonit before the end of the book. Probably not really fair as I read them all as a teenager, but who can remember stuff from books that long ago?? LOL
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#202523 - 04/20/10 04:34 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: yonuh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I have this on DVD, and I have the book(s)....LOVE Sherlock. One of my favs.

#202526 - 04/20/10 06:09 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: jawjaw]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Is that the DVD with Basil Rathbone? He IS Sherlock Holmes, just like Sean Connery IS Bond, James Bond.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#202534 - 04/20/10 11:32 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: yonuh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Yes ma'am....sure is. Lordy, I love those stories. I had myself a Sherlock Holmes weekend one time back in the winter and stayed in front of the TV all day long and watched them. I was so SherLOCKED at the end of the day! LOL!

My other favorite is Piorot. I have those as well.

#202540 - 04/21/10 01:50 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: jawjaw]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
@ CrossStitchQueen - How is "House Rules?" I am a big fan of Jodi P's work, but haven't had a chance to get my hands on that one yet.

I am just starting "Grandma's Letters from Africa," by Linda K. Thomas. She's a member of NABBW and this is a fascinating story of how she became a missionary in Africa, told through letters she writes to her granddaughter back home in the states.

So far I have only read the preface, but I can tell I will be entertained.

I'll keep you posted.

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#202574 - 04/21/10 07:53 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Anne Holmes]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I have just started to read a real tome: a book on the law of using electronic documentation as electronic evidence for court and litigation. Book came slamming down into the mail from the law book publisher.

I volunteered to read and write book review article to critique the merits of the book. Article will be published near this Christmas. Audience will be to law librarians and research lawyers across Canada.

I'm learning a great deal because lawyers have written and expounded so much on the subject because they are the ones attempting gather and interpret the correct evidence for court or mediation. Learning basic diff. amongst Canadian, U.S. law in this area ..with a nod to British law which Canada leaned heavily on initially.

But very little has been written, professionally from law librarian and records manager where the latter person is deeply involved in finalizing document (electronic and other formats) storage and executing searches for the same content in future. There are very few records managers who have strong law library research experience.

Yea, it's ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Sleepy stuff to many here. tired: It's over 300 p. of reading.

No, I don't get paid for this. It's considered as another thing that is career/resume related.

#202575 - 04/21/10 07:57 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: orchid]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Metadata is a tricky yet interesting discussion. I work w/ it every day. Very time consuming.

Page 23 of 37 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 36 37 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved