The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#20046 - 06/11/04 07:40 AM Re: after menopause
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey Thist Sis...if it gets bad enough, just go crawling back and de-worm him and vacinate him! That ought to do it, eh?

JJ

#20047 - 06/11/04 09:13 AM Re: after menopause
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You're on the right track Thistle with what you said about enjoying this stage of your life and thats half the battle. Hot is hot no matter the cause and you'll notice its a stupid man trying to cut you up or scare you about needing drugs. I personally like the Queens idea. Snip and plunge, bet that would change his one sided attitude. This is the best part of your life, right now and it'll only get better. If I weren't such a lady I might say something, awh F_ _ K the A_ _Hole. Women rule..... [Big Grin]

#20048 - 06/11/04 03:57 PM Re: after menopause
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
What I wanted to say was, "you're on your second wife and second family. Looks to me like you won't be needing your plumbing either so why not cut it? And, I'll help" -evil grin-

He's a jerk, born thataway and will die thataway. A friend of mine almost died 3 months ago because he wouldn't do the necessary surgery on her because she didn't have insurance. She's needed this surgery since last autumn and he kept putting her off until she ended up in the emergency room. She had tumors the size of grapefruit and endometreiosis -which is probably spelled wrong- wrapped around her bowels, lower intestines, etc.

The worst thing about living in a rural area is the lack of competent health care professionals and the lack of female health care professionals as in doctors. There aren't any. Another friend goes back to Richmond, a 6 hour drive, every year for her annual exams. She has a GP here for "minor" health problems. I've been seriously considering going back to Richmond to my former female ob/gyn who was/is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!

And no, Chatty, it's enough he's gotten two woemn to do that for him. I'll not stoop to be the third! -evil grin- Heck, I'm not even going back to him with money in hand!

#20049 - 06/12/04 07:56 AM Re: after menopause
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Off the subject kinda sorta, but a kazillion years ago when I needed to see a obgyn doc, my Mom (who lives 60 miles west of here) told me about one in my hometown and highly recommended him. Without thinking to ask why she did recommend him, I went to see him for a checkup and pap smear...I found out from her afterwards that he was an old boyfriend of hers...talk about giving me the hibbee jeebies...ewwwww...somehow it just didn't seem proper. I never could look him in the face again...and he never got to look at me any place else either.

#20050 - 06/11/04 08:09 PM Re: after menopause
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
When I was in the hospital gearing up to deliver my son I caught a glimpse of a friend who was doing his residency at the time. [Eek!]

Our families are friends and I've been at several social events with him. [Eek!]

I was shaking in my foam slippers.

I told Ross that there was NO WAY he was getting near me.

Talk about creepy.

He came over to visit [Eek!] us and I didn't hear a word he said. All I could think was...if he thinks he's examining me, he's lost it and I'm outta here.

After he walked away Ross told me someone else was coming over to do the exam.

I was such a basket case I didn't even hear him say that!

I've seen him since and still turn red just thinking about it.

Don't you think it's odd that a hometown boy does his residency at the local hospital...in the obstetrics section?

#20051 - 06/12/04 05:04 AM Re: after menopause

SPEW ALERT!!!!! OMIGHOSH Queenie, that was FUNNY!!! Your mom couldn't have gotten you any better if she'd tried setting you up! How funny although I'm sure you didn't start laughing right away.

Dots- good question but not sure I want to know the answer.

I'm with whoever said male ob/gyn's give me the creeps.

#20052 - 06/12/04 05:56 AM Re: after menopause
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

That is a big 10-4 on the giving us the creeps thing! One time when mine was giving me an exam, I said "let me know when you reach China." I mean come on people!

JJ

#20053 - 06/12/04 08:07 AM Re: after menopause
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
You guys are too funny!

Sandra... THAT doctor is a jerk and you should have told him that his 'besdie manner' left a lot to be desired.
What exactly was his reason for becoming a doctor, the paycheck and prestige or did he have a heart way back then that genuinely wanted to administer healing to people? I think some people just go forging on ahead (like perfect boobs)(well... not like real boobs) just because someone hasn't stopped them short and demanded that they regroup and think about what they're saying and how it's perceived. Hmmm... you should call his office. Better yet, give us all his number and we'll call his office and give him some pointers.....in fact, find his home phone number and we can all call and hang up a zillion times.....oh and his address too, we can send him notes....yeah......do that.

Back on the subject though... I think I may be done with my periods although I woke up with cramps the other night and thought I'd have a surprise but nope. It's just SO typical... if I have my periods, my daughter uses all the pads and I never can find any, now that I have a huge pack from the last time I got them at WalMart, I haven't had a period in almost six months. Isn't that always the way?
I think I've had only one or two hot spells... but summer is coming so I'm not exactly looking forward to it. But who knows, I may be done. And how would I notice mood swings? My life has been so nutty that a simple mood swing would be an improvement.

But I don't want chin hairs, okay?

Kate

#20054 - 06/12/04 04:32 PM Re: after menopause

Hey Kate - now you need horses! Those pads are the *very thing* to use on wounds -grin-. Most rescue folks carry them in their bags, along with surgical tape, etc. so they will have a lightweight wound care kit.

Every year, we'll have different folks that need to be rescued from the mountains...some children that wander away, some hunters that get lost, etc. The rescuerers are told to *always* carry menstrual pads and the "Always" pads are good...more absorbent and lightweight.

I keep pads down at the barn for wraps, etc.

Yeah, the doc was/is a real jerk. I think he likes the money. I saw a new BMW roadster in his driveway the other day.

Oh...that reminds me...you want CREEPY???

This ob/gyn is married to a woman who has a brother who has a wife...got that?

The sis-in-law/husband are school teachers and they don't make a lot of money (according to them...I mean, I think $60,000 a year is good money or am I wrong?)

Anway, when the sis-in-law got pregnant, she goes to her bro-in-law ob/gyn because he won't charge her doc fees and he gets a reduction at the hospital.

YUCK! Does anyone else think that's **strange**?

#20055 - 06/12/04 06:44 PM Re: after menopause
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Waita second...... I don't think I 'got it'.

"This ob/gyn is married to a woman who has a brother who has a wife...got that?" WHA?

No. I didn't get it....'splain it again Rickee.

If he's a guy and his wife is a woman, and she has a brother who is married to a woman wife....where is that weird? or is someone not the right sex? Or is it just weird because the brother in law, the doctor, was her doctor.......and HELLO, right now I'd love $60,000 a year. That would suit me just fine. I'd have money to give away.

So .... try it again.

Kate [Confused]

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved