The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#19916 - 10/28/03 10:25 AM Re: How early?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I have 2 girlfriends who carry around those little electric fans. Or if you really want to get extravagant, put ice all over the bottom of your bathtub and get in.

#19917 - 10/28/03 04:26 PM Re: How early?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You've got me laughing out-loud again. [Big Grin]

My periods are getting closer which I can't stand, but the hot flashes haven't hit yet.

Anyone in here seen Menopause The Musical? I saw it several months ago and it was hysterical from beginning to end. Check it out if it comes near you. Make it a Girl's NIght Out. YOu won't be sorry! [Big Grin]

#19918 - 10/28/03 05:35 PM Re: How early?
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Menopause, The Musical? I hadn't heard of that but I bet you're right. I bet it's a scream!

Even with all that... the hot flashes, the periods, the swinging moods... I'd still rather endure them and all of the emotions that go along with them than not. I think emotion is a wonderful thing. Bad ones aren't good, but in contrast, the good ones are so much better.

Although, up to this point I hadn't noticed my periods getting closer together. I thought I was missing them for a couple of months and then every once in a while have a couple close together. Crap! Is this something NEW I have to look forward to? [Eek!]

Well, just WHERE am I in this process then?

#19919 - 10/29/03 08:21 AM Re: How early?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
gee DK, I don't know what phase you are in...Have you killed anyone yet? When you get there, let's talk.

#19920 - 10/29/03 05:39 AM Re: How early?
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Nope, haven't killed anyone yet. Mostly I just get disgruntled.

#19921 - 11/09/03 07:31 PM Re: How early?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hi

I'm a registered nurse somewhere around or past menoopause. Hysterectomy at age 30 with ovaries left intact and no hormone therapy. Seems like some hormone crisis is always going on. I've been flashing hot and cold since puberty and most of the time I'm irritable so who knows?

I hear more about menopause lately, but I'm not sure anyone really knows more. Most of what I hear has an economic slant and pharmaceutical company inspiration. Usually the underlying message is, "Wonderful new pill, (on which drug co. can make zillions), replaces cheaper generic on which the patent, (and profit) has expired" and the new "experts" simply restate a lot of stuff about which we've never written a book, but all know.

Now they've given us the lovely "perimenopause" word to define our existence. "Peri" meaning "around" could mean a whole lifetime spent circling around menopause either before, during, or after. (great for the sale of hormone pills, but definitely not something we want to use to define ourselves).

smil

P.S. Where can I see the meonpause musical? Sounds fun. I have a musical called "Hormones, Hormones, Hormones" filmed by NBC about the various hormonal insanities of women.

Somebody turn on the Air Conditioner!!

#19922 - 11/10/03 03:36 AM Re: How early?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Do a search for Menopause The Musical on Yahoo and you'll get their homepage. [Wink] It's worth seeing when it's near your town.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved