The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#197717 - 01/14/10 01:10 AM Who do you love more?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Your grandchildren or your own children? Is there a difference do you think? I think there is a big difference.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#197731 - 01/14/10 03:18 AM Re: Who do you love more? [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Not being either, I'd like to speak from what I see my husband experiences.

Just today he says, "I need a grandbaby fix". (We have not been with them since Sept.) He must "feel" something unique for those two little girls since he does not say that about friends' kids! 'Cause I do not recall him saying "I need a daughter fix"..before the babies. However, I'm sure he felt it!

Not sure about the love more/less..but I'm guessing it's just different.

#197740 - 01/14/10 07:25 AM Re: Who do you love more? [Re: Di]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Yes, there is a difference. Maybe because children are just ...cuter. And they are cuddley, give soft kisses and squeel with delight when they see you. My sons certainly don't do any of the above anymore. lol
I would say there is a very special connection between grandparents and grandchildren. But grandparents have to make it happen; it doesn't happen on its own.

#197750 - 01/14/10 09:36 AM Re: Who do you love more? [Re: Edelweiss3]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I love them equally. One grew under my heart, the others did not but, live in my heart. My concerns for their present and future are the same. The difference is in authority. Since I am not the parent, I defer to my daughter. She has independent and direct decisions over my grandchildren. Since my daughter is a very young mother compared to me, she defers to my mothering.

The other difference is in attitude. I am not as strict with my grandchildren as I have been with my daughter. As much as I spoil them, my grandchildren do not love equally. They love their parents most, which is how it should be. A comforting thought because it shows I do not usurp their parents' place in their lives.

#197754 - 01/14/10 11:41 AM Re: Who do you love more? [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Of course I love my sons as much as my grandchildren. There is no difference for me either. I don't think I said that correctly in my last post.

#197755 - 01/14/10 12:08 PM Re: Who do you love more? [Re: Edelweiss3]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
That you love equally is already manifest in your other posts, EW. I think, as grandmothers, our outward demonstration of affection can sometimes seem to be that we love the grandchildren more. But, that is what it remains to be..."seem". In my case, I tolerate the little one's mischief more than I ever did with my daughter when she was little. She constantly says I roar with a little "r" with my grandchildren. My visiting sister tease that it's because I love the grandchildren more. Then, my sister gets a cuff in the ear from me.

#197930 - 01/15/10 08:11 PM Re: Who do you love more? [Re: Lola]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I don't have 'blood' grandchildren...I have step-grandchildren and am the neighborhood 'mamaw'...but, I can tell you that I could not love these children more if they were my own blood. I have the love for my children as a Mother. I have the love of my grandchildren as Mamaw. I can't measure it or weigh it...I just feel it and it's love.

#198004 - 01/17/10 02:53 PM Re: Who do you love more? [Re: Dee]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I love them equally. I love my son but I love his offspring just
as much! Baby and grandbabies own my unbounded love!

#198012 - 01/17/10 06:07 PM Re: Who do you love more? [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I don't have grandchildren so I can't compare. I don't think you love them more, I think you love them differently. I totally enjoy hearing all of you talk about your grands. It sounds like such a fun-loving relationship.

#198050 - 01/18/10 02:46 PM Re: Who do you love more? [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Agree. I'm not sure it's possible to love more than one loves
their child. Grandchildren are more fun; generally, you're not focused on making sure they do everything the way you think society expects. You've more time to play and enjoy the newest, reaction skill they've developed.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved