The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 21 of 37 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 36 37 >
Topic Options
#198005 - 01/17/10 03:18 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ann-Marie, thanks for jumping in. I also like self-help books.

If you go to the Redefining Life forum, we are working our way through a book called 30 Days to a New You right now. We are om the first week. You can register for it at www.boomerwomenspeak.com. Look in the the Important Announcement section and you'll see where to sign up. I hope you'll join us.

#198040 - 01/18/10 01:24 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Rereading a wonderfully funny book:

My Bastard Husband: A Love Story

Too cute to miss reading with some relavent chapters.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#198354 - 01/22/10 09:14 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I am reading "The Michael Jackson Tapes" for the second time! The sub-title is "A Tragic Icon Reveals His Soul in Intimate Conversations." by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach. The book is not what someone might think. It is not a celebrity tell-all. I have learned so much, and not about Michael Jackson. I learned about our celebrity-obsessed culture (I asked Mountain Ash if Scotland is so obsessed and it sounded like they don't idolize actors like we do) Anyway, the Rabbi writes so eloquently, like this "...tragedy of his life was to mistake attention for love, fame for family, material acquisition for true spiritual purpose." I'm so glad I found this author. Reminds me of M. Scott Peck, "The Road Less Travelled" and "People of the Lie."

#198682 - 01/28/10 04:02 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Princess Lenora]
AdvoCareLady Offline

Loc: NM
I am reading "Conflict Free Living" by Joyce Meyer and "I Dare You" by the same. Love her, love her message, she gives me hope and faith to keep moving forward!

#198796 - 01/30/10 10:11 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
“Greatness is the synthesis of a man or womans innate potential matched with their abilities to rise to a great challenge.”
Rabbi Shmulley Boteach

#198822 - 01/31/10 11:46 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I'm currently reading, "Never Say Never" by Lisa Wingate.

#198861 - 02/01/10 01:54 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Cookie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I finished Have a Little Faith while on vacation. I loved it, and already bought it as a gift for someone else. It's the kind of book everyone should read. Mitch Albom does a lovely job of helping the reader consider why we believe what we believe. He shares his journey interviewing his rabbi because the rabbi asked him to eulogize him, and his time befriending a recovering addict who ministers in an inner city church.

It was recommended here. Thanks!

#199434 - 02/10/10 10:54 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Sandpiper]
queenmotorhome Offline

Loc: South Carolinla, USA
I am pleased to introduce yall to my novel entitled: www.queenmotorhome.com. Queen Georgia Jaw Jaw had just posted a fabulous book review on NABBW! Wow! I am so humbled! Go to the book reviews under fiction and see for yourself and Queen Georgia said to tell you that she endorses it! Thanks! Patt Fero - aka Queenbee.

#199438 - 02/11/10 12:05 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: queenmotorhome]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I watched the interview and it sounds great. Have to make a trip into town tomorrow and am going to the Barnes and Noble to buy the book. You know JJ is the resident comic here on BWS, and it is hard for anyone to get into a real comics head so if she recommends this book, run, don't walk to the book store and buy it.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199439 - 02/11/10 12:07 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: chatty lady]
queenmotorhome Offline

Loc: South Carolinla, USA
not all BN stores have the book in stock, but can order it - otherwise order on Amazon, or order on my website of the same title name. Queenbee

Page 21 of 37 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 36 37 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved