The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#195458 - 12/08/09 10:22 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
How about somewhere where the beach is within driving or bike riding distance? Many cities have lovely beaches without living on one. I would like a place where one can overlook the ocean without being that close to it. I too never go in any water but a pool. Sharks, jellyfish, and other ocean nasties should be left to themselves. Dotsie I doubt Ross will allow you to move in with your boomers anyway, he'd be too lonely without his lady, or would he???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#195463 - 12/08/09 11:25 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Mountains anyone?

#195484 - 12/09/09 03:22 AM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: jawjaw
Mountains anyone?

There are several great Holiday Inns in Northwest coast area, etc. Not far from the ocean with mountain views. smile

Some of the hotels here offer knockout local mountain and ocean views. Several right near a cruise liner berthing area at the port. Sea planes lifting off regularily over the mountains from downtown port.

We need a kitchen with automatic dishwasher, blender and high end coffee percolator. We'll want to entertain and share some of our favourite dishes. We have to make sure we have our own theatre on the premises and 1-2 party rooms. Watch DVD movies and photo/slide shows of our trips/family. (Actually we have this in our home building here.)

#195485 - 12/09/09 03:36 AM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: orchid]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

This sounds perfect, Orchid! And I hadn't even thought of the kitchen needs. Wuhoo!

Don't forget our hot tub and sauna room....and workout room!

#195488 - 12/09/09 03:46 AM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

I'm in!!! I can sew, quilt, paint, tile, wallpaper, and put one heck of a shine on wood floors...and I'm with JJ...no toilet duty...the Austrian Alps sound heavenly. Edelweiss...since you're a realtor check if any Victorian homes are available there, okie dokie? And we have to have little A there with us.

#195494 - 12/09/09 05:50 AM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: Dee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Then let's buy a Holiday Inn!
This sounds like way too much fun! Think we'd live through it?
I can keep the books.

#195497 - 12/09/09 07:06 AM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: gims]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Sounds perfect to me. I've always wondered why people live alone most of the time. It's such fun being with others so you have some one to chat with, share the work, and visit with. I love how the other parts of the world have extended families in one home.
www.tidedancer.com

#195500 - 12/09/09 08:26 AM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: Sandpiper]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Gims, if we BUY a Holiday Inn,...I'll even do the toilets!
Dee, Austrian Alps wouldn't be bad. We can give Engllish lessons to all those German speaking people..for pocket money. lol, just picture that! But I think most ladies here wouldn't want to leave their good old USA, so I'll come on over.

#195522 - 12/09/09 03:16 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: Edelweiss3]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
...what? toilets? No way... won't you be our social director? or 'new sistahs' recruiter?

#195556 - 12/09/09 07:24 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'll be the activities director so we can remain active.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved