The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#195302 - 12/07/09 02:00 PM Re: Oy! Wadda a Day! [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I have to laugh at this but at the same time, holler ouch! The stair scene and the falling were horrible to read. Eeeee...ooooo....whooooooo...ouccchhhh! Poor hubby. But good lord, taking steps two at a time? I wish I thought I could do that! ha!

Love reading your stories. What great gams and paps you two are!

#195447 - 12/08/09 09:25 PM Re: Oy! Wadda a Day! [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I haven't been around much lately...this is the reason why. smile

The second Advent...(turn up your volume)

#195464 - 12/08/09 11:26 PM Re: Oy! Wadda a Day! [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
What a lovely video...Hummm, I wonder who here dotes on their grand daughter?? A is such a pretty litte girl and looks so happy when at your home.

Is your Christmas in Germany on the 25th like ours Edelweiss, or a different day. Is it still referred to as Christmas?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#195465 - 12/08/09 11:29 PM Re: Oy! Wadda a Day! [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I hope Opa is still okay, sometimes after a fall the bruises and pain start days later.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#195491 - 12/09/09 04:12 AM Re: Oy! Wadda a Day! [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

I've watched this video I don't know how many times...it's just so perfect...the lighting, little A with the lights, beautiful eyes and expressions of anticipation...so precious. and the music...absolutely perfect. Edelweiss...you should go into the children movie making business. You truly know how to wear the photos into such a beautiful story. Can't wait to see what you do with Christmas!

#195501 - 12/09/09 08:41 AM Re: Oy! Wadda a Day! [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Thanks for asking about Opa, Chatty. He's fine, and his cuts are healing. He actually cut himself up with his metal wristwatch band.

Am I a doting grandmother? Why nooooooo.

Dee, funny you should say that. I would have loved to enter the business that Dotsie's son is doing; film making. I can't get over the animation films they do today. I think you have a talent with it too. Maybe in our next lives, hey? cool cool

Chatty, Germans open their presents on Christmas Eve. We all get dressed up, and first go to church. Then stuff ourselves with a fondue dinner. Afterwards we open each present one by one, where everyone oooos and aaaaaaas.

#195519 - 12/09/09 01:51 PM Re: Oy! Wadda a Day! [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dee Offline

Edelweiss...what a wonderful tradition. What kinds of fondue are you having this year? Be sure to tell us what Santa brings this year. Wanna share a movie perhaps?

#195539 - 12/09/09 05:28 PM Re: Oy! Wadda a Day! [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Dee, you make me smile, you REALLY do.

Actually this should be an interesting Christmas Eve. My brother will be here, of course my mother, my son, Danny, with his soon to be x-wife, our granddaughter, and maybe our other son with their two babies will pop on over too. I just hope my DIL won't get bombed like last Christmas. Thank goodness we have enough beds and bedrooms...since everyone wants to sleep alone. Hah! Maybe I should put my DIL with my brother, and my mother with Danny...hee heee heeeeeeee.

#195594 - 12/10/09 03:58 AM Re: Oy! Wadda a Day! [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dee Offline

Wow Edelweiss...you've got lots of room AND lots of juggling to do...have you ever seen the movie "A Griswald Christmas"? This might be a sequel... smile
Seriously, you're brave, woman!!! My goodness...I hope your DIL doesn't get drunk, too. Anyway you can talk to her before things get out of hand?
You still didn't tell me about your fondue. I've never had fondue so that might be a good thing to try at my party.

#195596 - 12/10/09 04:23 AM Re: Oy! Wadda a Day! [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss3 Offline

We serve mouth sized cut tender marinated steak. We have three fondue pots, with sizzeling oil, so there won't be any crowding when dipping the steak in. (4 people to one pot should be the maximum). About 8 self made sauces, from garlic, sour cream with chives to hot pepper sauces are served. On the side we have rolls of hot garlic buttered bread, and about three different kinds of salads. Red or rose' wine rounds the whole thing off. Danny usually shows up in the morning and is responsible for the sauces. I run around setting the table and getting everything ready. Hubby cuts the meat, and we all help make the salads. A fondue is fun, because the meal takes longer, since everyone is roasting their own meat. The drawback is; we all overeat and afterwards feel like rolling onto the floor and conking out. grin
Yes, Dee I saw the movie. I hope this won't be a sequel. lol

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved