The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#194678 - 11/26/09 03:43 AM GLEE
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Okay...I've turned into my mother...NO...no grandmother....NO NO NO...I mean my great grandmother and I've never met her. Have any of you watched ABC's "GLEE"? It's (until tonight) one of the best shows for me. I enjoy the bantering that goes on between the teachers. It's about a high school glee club (great singing), high school kids, teachers, etc. Tonight there was a number sung and danced by a school where the girls were shaking their butts (bootielicious it's called, I think)...they stick their butts out and hump really fast. It was so disgusting. This show is supposed to be portraying high school kids but my next question is...do kids in schools really dance like this? These girls somehow bent over, spread their legs and humped their crotches...they were singing something about 'you can't handle this!" Then in the 2nd number done by the GLEE'S kids at one point in the dance bent over with the guys standing behind them and it looked as if they were having sex from behind. I almost fell out of my chair.
NOW I know why my little neighbor kids 8-9-10 year olds want to dance like this (I always put a stop to it when I see it)...what the hell is wrong with parents? Is there NO censorship anymore? Is there no supervision by parents of young kids these days? Is there no boundary too out of line for this society anymore?
When we live in a nation where prayer is forbidden in school but a girl can spread her legs, hump her crotch and sing in a glee club and that's called free expression...well, I'm left speechless.
I've done my whining and will NOT be watching GLEE anymore!!!!

#194685 - 11/26/09 07:41 AM Re: GLEE [Re: Dee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
LOL! I know what you mean, Dee. Often, I just shake my head and mumble: "You're not doing it right."

The booty dance has been given a lot of commercial exposure because of Beyonce. However, the art of the dance when taken to extreme, like all else, departs from its original and beautiful form. Watch this instead and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7XLhCKZigg

#194688 - 11/26/09 10:11 AM Re: GLEE [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I think many parents want to be hip. They want to be like their kids, instead of the other way around. I totally agree Dee. I think the downfall started with no dress code in the schools. It started with too much toleration from the adult side. Kids going to school with piercings, dyed hair etc….is something young adults can do when out of school, but first they need to grow and mature. TV used to show more respect in the family programs too. Now you see parents dancing vulgar even in front of their kids.
I’m so glad I don’t have kids now. It’s hard, even if you are a good parent with limits and morals; these kids are influenced by their friends.

#194692 - 11/26/09 01:23 PM Re: GLEE [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, I went to a basketball game two years ago. My high school was playing our rival so a bunch of us that went to school together and made a night of it.

I was shocked and amazed by the dance team. The cheerleaders were fine, but it was the dance team's moves that floored me. Plus, it's a Catholic school. I couldn't believe my eyes. They also wore back stretchy outfits to boot.

What are they thinking? I wouldn't have the nerve to make those moves in front of a gym full of people. And what gets me is that many of their parents were there. I can't imagine moving like that in front of my mother & father. HA!

Edited by Dotsie (11/28/09 02:36 PM)

#194705 - 11/26/09 10:32 PM Re: GLEE [Re: Dotsie]
Dee Offline

Lola...I watched the clip and see this differently than I do the HS teenagers humping and grinding. The clip is about an African dance that has been around for probably hundreds of years. And you are right...what Glee has done, in my opinion, is what so many shows do in order to get ratings...cheapen their storyline to include dancing with legs spread and the sex act implied in dancing by young kids.
I appreciate true dance and love to watch it...Glee had my jaw dropping and I was actually embarrassed by what I saw. My son-in-law commented about this on my FB page and he says it's a new era...which means...more and more of this behavior is just shrugged off as the norm. So sad.
Edelweiss...you're so right.
Dotsie...it's getting to where shows with dance need to come with a rating so we can not be hit with something vulgar before we know it.

#194723 - 11/27/09 03:31 PM Re: GLEE [Re: Dee]
Lola Offline

Is GLEE a live show that comes on at primetime? I cannot Google at the moment because I'm just popping in at the back of work I am doing on my computer at the moment (story of my multi-tasking life...zzzzzz...LOL!)

Do you also still have censorship over there?

Primetime live TV here is still very much monitored and taped shows often come with a disclaimer as to "scenes some viewers may find offensive"...if not blipped out. And, where viewers get subjected to instances of spontaneous improper conduct on live shows, the public can complain about it and be owed an apology for.

#194739 - 11/28/09 12:07 AM Re: GLEE [Re: Lola]
Dee Offline

It's pre-recorded TV...and I've not noticed that there is a warning before the show...it's on prime time which means family time. I guess what I am having trouble with is that it's about high school and it seems with every show it gets more and more inappropriate (my opinion) in how schools do dancing. For me, it was way over the top and if they're truly dancing like this in our American high Schools, then there are teachers and parents asleep at the wheel.

Censorship in America? Not anymore...it seems anything is game and the remarks given are multiple...from: If you don't want to watch it, turn it off and then there's Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression.

#194744 - 11/28/09 12:51 AM Re: GLEE [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
With all the smut on our prime time TV here in America, we would have to keep the set turned off constantly in order to avoid it. I am shocked at what I see and believe me I don't shock easily...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#194747 - 11/28/09 08:29 AM Re: GLEE [Re: chatty lady]
Lola Offline

I think apart from media, there is peer pressure as well. Teenagers are also very savvy about their "rights". This is a current BBC programme called "World's Strictest Parents". It's the start of a series of clips so, just click on the continuing parts. In this particular episode, the host family deals with the swearing and immodest behaviour of the girl they hosted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8OeYpMYAac

#194748 - 11/28/09 11:18 AM Re: GLEE [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Incredible that there are families to take on this task. Hopefully what these young people learn will stay with them. It also made me thinnk why do some kids go down the wrong path and some don't,...within the same families. It sort of shows that alot is genetics, and not only upbringing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved