The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#194750 - 11/28/09 02:42 PM Re: GLEE [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Neat youtube. Just goes to show that there are kids who live by the rules and kids who don't, regardless of where they're raised in this big, wide world. There are also raised by misderable paretns who turn out to be respectful adults, and the opposite. It's a mystery to me.

#194803 - 11/29/09 01:30 PM Re: GLEE [Re: Dotsie]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Wow...I'm moving to Isreal. What a wonderful community. What wonderful respect for parents these kids have who live there...and the things that they have that I see missing from so many parents here is "reenforcement" of the rules. What it boils down to is respect...for your parents, for yourself, for your community. Respect.
I like that the husband was the one who stood behind his wife and supported her and that neither backed down.
Not one curse word was tolerated and they asked that they not do that...I admire these parents and can see the love and respect their children have for them.
If many parents in this country had this same kind of standard, perhaps our own kids would turn around.
I see in my very home neighborhood kids who talk back to their parents and the mother or father will sit there and take it.
It's a crazy world...I've lost my own sons recently because of value conflicts, mis-understandings and pride...and they're in their 30's. I'm afraid at their age it's hopeless...until they have kids they are not going to get it. They're too busy being 'bro's' and 'their own man'...so, be it. I think what lacked in our situation was a dad to reenforce in my sons a respect towards their mom. I never had that kind of support. It's always been me trying to teach them but in the end it never has fully taken hold with either of them. When someone cannot see the forest for the trees, there's not a whole lot one can do. When a person doesn't want to see the point, for arguing, there's nothing one can do. I'm tired of fighting something I cannot change. If they don't understand by now...well, I think you all know that answer.
Life goes on and despite the loss and the heaviness that comes with that loss, I have to believe that God has the whole picture in his site...so I keep the faith that he knows what he's doing.

#194804 - 11/29/09 02:25 PM Re: GLEE [Re: Edelweiss3]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Originally Posted By: Edelweiss3
It also made me thinnk why do some kids go down the wrong path and some don't,...within the same families. It sort of shows that alot is genetics, and not only upbringing.

I also thought about that, EW. Out of my three grandchildren, the youngest is totally different from the older two. And, mostly, it is because we spoil him because he is the youngest. Knowing that he is and will be accommodated on that basis, he pushes the boundary as to how far his mischief will be tolerated. "I am the baby" is his mantra and it takes a loooooot of patience, consistency with discipline and providing him with an outlet for his activities.

Dee, I'm glad you enjoyed watching it. Here's one other show which featured a family closer to your neck of the woods. I love watching these programmes because it shows hope in these young people, hopeless as they may portray at the start. I trust I do not bore but, if you want to watch another, we just follow the entire show in the same way as before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBaxSqYFRow

#194816 - 11/29/09 04:11 PM Re: GLEE [Re: Lola]
Dee Offline

Lola...I am hooked on these shows...wow. What emotions go through me as I watch them...shock! anger! surprise! hope! joy!...do they do a follow up to see if the transitions continue long after the kids return home?
Thanks for sharing that with me...it's so simple really...it all boils down to respect. So simple yet so hard for those who do not want to give it.
Love ya Lola

#194821 - 11/29/09 04:36 PM Re: GLEE [Re: Dee]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I can't believe what today's sitcoms get away with; "Two and A Half Men" say some questionable stuff. Yet that show is funny and WB always watches it. Dance moves? Forget that. The newest
dances are wacko!

#194823 - 11/29/09 05:02 PM Re: GLEE [Re: jabber]
Dee Offline

Jabber Two and a Half men is a show I tried watching when it first came out but after I saw how it portrayed women I quit watching it. My son would not have been allowed to act on that show...
Wacko is a good word to describe them.!

#194890 - 11/30/09 02:49 PM Re: GLEE [Re: Dee]
jabber Offline

Dee,
I know. I cannot believe the things they get away with saying on there. Geese. It's unbelievable.

#194898 - 11/30/09 03:12 PM Re: GLEE [Re: jabber]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Cencorship on TV is a joke. They can say G-ddamn but not sh-t. So taking the Lord's name in vain on national TV is OK and nobody notices?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#194907 - 11/30/09 04:28 PM Re: GLEE [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, I have a dear friend who will not watch that show either. It's horrible towards women, but Ross and I still watch it and laugh. How sick is that? That is the only show I see weekly. Sorry.

#194968 - 12/01/09 03:25 PM Re: GLEE [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Dotsie,
WB watches that show all the time, reruns and new ones, over'n over again. And he still laughs at the same lines, again and again. Personally, I'm a bit bored with the whole thing. But WB's a good guy, so I say nothing.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved