The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#202780 - 04/28/10 09:28 PM Re: Staging Home For Sale [Re: Edelweiss2]
MustangGal
Unregistered

We do get some feedback, and most is postive. The other realtors are so busy in a tizzy showing homes before 4/30/10.

My house is not too expensive -- it's the foreclosures that are selling. My realtor advised not to lower the price b/c current pricing allows for room to make an offer and counter offer. If I lower any more, then I might as well give it away.

I want my $25K down payment back and another $10K after closing = $35K. The $10K would be my profit (for improvements, landscaping, closing, etc.). So, I'm priced pretty much at the wire.

She urged keeping the house on the market until it sells.

Now, my local economy is not doing so well, which will have an even further impact on the housing market. For instance, teacher's pay increases will be suspended and those under the TERI program are forced to take a 10% paycut. Teachers support a lot of our economy - without a pay increase and/or paycuts, they won't be spending any money.

Politically, the TERI system is what has drained my state's finances.

People drive in/out of driveway daily and take flyers and walk around the house - guess they want a deal and I don't blame them. Just not at my expense.

EW, I don't agree with the 6 mth rule nor that I won't ever sell my home. It will sell, someday and I don't plan on increasing the price - actually hoping that prices will improve next year. I shan't spend any money to sell it, other that which is necessary at closing.

Orchid, for heavens sake, I do have a steady job to maintain my home.

Yet, I may get a new sofa and TV and makeself comfortable for a while.

Thanks gals.

#202799 - 04/28/10 11:00 PM Re: Staging Home For Sale [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If buying a new TV and sofa to use for yourself then do it. You deserve comfort and entertainment too. Or if you don't want to buy because you might just sell sooner rather than later, rent them! That way when moving you don't have to move them and if you like them you can buy them from the rental place... Heck, you're a smart cookie, you'll figure it out.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#202804 - 04/29/10 02:44 AM Re: Staging Home For Sale [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

While driving home and having time to think, perhaps when my contract is up in late July/early August, I may take my home off the market and try again next spring.

#202812 - 04/29/10 01:14 PM Re: Staging Home For Sale [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mustang, have you ever heard of putting an upside down statue of Joseph in the ground? I don't believe in stuff like this but I know a realtor who swears by it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2142653_st-joseph-statue-sell-home.html

Even if it's just for a laugh, thought I'd share.

#202825 - 04/29/10 01:49 PM Re: Staging Home For Sale [Re: Dotsie]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
OMG Dotsie...I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I read Mustang's post..but I was too chicken to suggest this...I'm glad you did...too funny!!!

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#202826 - 04/29/10 02:47 PM Re: Staging Home For Sale [Re: AvalonBlondi]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Worth a try!

#202866 - 04/30/10 12:55 PM Re: Staging Home For Sale [Re: ]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
Mustang, your future plans tickle me because they are as diverse as mine are. Compare buying land and building for a horse (TONS of work and maintenance and responsibility) with patio home (little work, maintenance or responsibilities). I am the exact same way. When Jim retires we will move. My desires for the future range from 50 acres and a horse or a remote lake house all the way to a condo in an interesting city. Maybe I'm a little schizophrenic? It was just nice to see someone else wrestling with such diverse goals.

I had a realtor tell me that in this market (Atlanta) if I house doesn't sell in 3-6 months to take it off the market and wait 6 months to put it on again. That way people won't worry about what could possibly be wrong with a house that has sat on the market so long. Don't know anything about it, just thought I pass along what I had heard.

#202873 - 04/30/10 04:14 PM Re: Staging Home For Sale [Re: greene]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Greene, I certainly agree that our plans are diverse! Also, very tuff choices -- yet, worth the effort! I really like the ladies I ride with, all professionals with kind hearts. I feel very safe with them. A 3rd alternative would to have a few acres and move my horse when he's of retirement age (in about 10 to 12 years). Which would allow time to sell, set up, etc., and keep my barn buddies.

What is your riding style? Hunt, dressage, western, trail/pleasure? In today's economy, you can get a good horse really cheap, if not free. Also, leasing is a good option w/out having to worry about vet care and purchasing tack.

I've sometimes thought of renting a studio apartment in New York City and living there for a year and tour all the sights and eat at as many restaurants all throughout the City, Jersey Burroughs, and Long Island.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved