The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 37 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36 37 >
Topic Options
#192620 - 10/26/09 02:22 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
You're right JJ. I got to concentrate more on the positive sides. Sometimes it's hard, though.

#192622 - 10/26/09 02:38 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Edelweiss3]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Don't I know it. You are such an upbeat, positive woman that I can't imagine you feeling any other way, or someone influencing you to feel any other way...but I am a true believer in we are what we think. And maybe if you could think good things about him, or good things about your life together, then more of them would come???

But ignore me...As my best friends always tells others - Don't pay any attention to her, she hit her head on the windshield...

#192623 - 10/26/09 04:01 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks Dots... just put it on my library wish list. Seems others are reading this very title, as all copies are checked out across our library system (7 of the libraries have carry it). Reading the editor's notes, reviews, etc., makes me think it will have some applicable information.
Sure wish we could find something to get him off the drugs!
Thanks again.

#193544 - 11/09/09 04:12 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Dianne50]
Happy Birthday coffeemom Offline

I just started a book called "Intervention" by Terri Blackstock. It is a Christian fiction suspense. The neat thing about it is that Terri Blackstock's daughter really was into drugs and had to go to rehab. So the book pretty much tells it like it is.

#193669 - 11/10/09 09:36 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: coffeemom]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WELCOME Coffeemom, I don't remember your name so maybe I missed welcoming you, if so I apologize, if not then consider yourself welcomed once again...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#193678 - 11/10/09 10:25 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: chatty lady]
Happy Birthday coffeemom Offline

Hi Chatty Lady!

Thank you for the welcome! I'm glad to be here!

#193692 - 11/10/09 10:49 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Sandpiper]
Momof4js Offline

Loc: Southern California
I finished The Shack - which I loved! How I wish there were more by this author. Now, I'm involved with three books:
A Journal for Jordan
The Lost Symbol
Edgar Sawtelle

Momof4js

#193936 - 11/14/09 07:44 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Momof4js]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Loved The Shack and recommended it to all. I was so grateful to have learned about that book. It's a keeper.

#193937 - 11/14/09 07:45 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
coffeemom, thanks for sahring about that book. I have a friend who might enjoy that one.

#194191 - 11/19/09 02:29 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Dotsie]
LTWayfaringWords Offline

Loc: Missouri, recently moved from ...
I just read the first of five stories in "Say You're One of Them" by Uwem Akpan, Oprah's current book club selection. The first story, entitled "An Ex-mas Feast," takes place on the streets of Nairobi. Akpan wrote of streets I walked down and smells I smelled and places I knew, people I saw there, people who spoke words I heard, and people who spoke words I spoke there. Though he wrote fiction, he wrote a story typical of so many dear desperate people there--people I knew personally. But I saw and heard and knew those people from my perspective, and I could only barely imagine what their lives were really like. Akpan gave me an altogether difference glimpse into such people's daily lives and the way they think and what some of them do out of desperation. When we lived there, my heart reeled at the urgency of so many millions of people's needs. Reading this story, my heart reels anew. My heart is heavy right now. I'm sure I need to take time to think this through.

Page 11 of 37 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36 37 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved