The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#192322 - 10/22/09 09:30 PM Re: I would really like to scream! [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Wishing all of you strength so far, since all of you are looking after a frail senior.

Share with us what you learn over time Anne in your job..

#192719 - 10/27/09 10:09 PM Re: I would really like to scream! [Re: orchid]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Dear Anno, you have had a seriously stressful year and you are in my prayers.

I agree with Anne. We don't always get what we deserve nor do people always get what they can handle. If that were true, why are there so many suicides?

After my father passed, I made calls to his friends and one woman said her husband had Alzheimers and he was so stress free and happy she was a little jealous.

It's crazy - living with Alzheimers and not knowing or knowing and suffering. I know there are people who have happy, blessed lives, "it's all good," and then the bottom falls out like JJ's friend. However did she manage, JJ?

I've had some difficult years lately and I understand less and less all the time. I send blessings and prayers.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#192722 - 10/27/09 11:24 PM Re: I would really like to scream! [Re: Saundra]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thanks, Saundra

Would you believe that on Monday, 15 minutes after arriving at work, I got a call that my Mother was in the hospital again? They were screaming seizure, but, it turns out she was dehydrated and passed out while using the bathroom. The transitional care unit completely over reacted.

How much of this type of over reaction can be attributed to suing everyone for anything and everything. She no more needed a doctor than someone who sneezes while sniffing the perfume they are allergic too. No wonder our insurance payments are out of wack.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#192789 - 10/28/09 10:42 PM Re: I would really like to scream! [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was recently admitted into the hospital for two days and nights for pneumonia. I was not in intensive care just a nice room and the entire bill came to $22,455.68. They did take a chest xray before letting me go home and a sonogram of my chest, while I lay in bed, but all I had was one IV when I arrived and then took two pills during each day. Thats it!!!! Now how does that come to that kind of money? If that isn't plain and simple GRAFT, then what is. Thank God for Medicare, and all I ended up paying out of pocket was $200.00...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#192806 - 10/29/09 12:10 AM Re: I would really like to scream! [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

We must do something about health care costs. Yes, you only ended up paying two hundred, but others end up paying the whole price.

Everything costs way too much money. It is rediculous. (I wish I could spell).

#192819 - 10/29/09 11:59 AM Re: I would really like to scream! [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anno, I'm suffering through eldercare with you. I feel badly saying that because our parents are the ones suffering the most, but we are suffering mentally, at least I am.

Got a call in the middle of the night. My FIL fell out of bed and cut his head on the bedside table. We took him to the hospital at 3:30 AM yesterday. They would have taken him alone in an ambulance, but who wants to do that to their parents. He needed 20 stitches. You should see his bandaged head. So sad. Oh, this is the second set of stitched to his head in a month, or maybe five weeks. The other time I met him at the ER because they had already called 911 before calling us. It was 6:45 AM and Ross was already at work. He sees his first patient at 7:00/7:15. So I went and helped him get through the process of stitches and CT scan. Then drove him back. That time he fell in the activity room and they found him lying on the floor bleeding, sound asleep. And this is what we thought was the best Alzheimer's assisted care facility in the area.

And you know he has Alzheimer's and is very confused. However, on the ride back to his care facility, out of the blue, he said, "This is a complicated way to live." Go figure. And 90% of the time, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Anno. I've learned that urinary tract infections, lack of potassium, and dehydration can do wacky things to the elderly. How's Mom?

chatty, I'm glad you have Medicare!

#192867 - 10/29/09 09:46 PM Re: I would really like to scream! [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I just got old enough to get Medicare but until now I also paid full price out of my own pocket. Like last time I was in the hospital, only 9 hours on a hard gurnee in the emergency room, just lying there due to severe constipation. Got one shot, did my thing and went home to the tune of $11,097.00...and that ain't whisteling Dixie. I had to pay every dime of it out of pocket. So YES, I am happy to finally have Medicare with supplemental Insurance as well. I earned it all these years.

#192907 - 10/30/09 02:10 PM Re: I would really like to scream! [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Dotsie, my mom is in one of the best around, too. Sometimes I think I should move her into one of the small condos left in my building and hire 24 hour care. We wouldn't be paying so much more for that then we are right now.

When all this is done, with Dennis and Mom, I am going to become an advocate for nuerological disorder studies and funding.

Chatty, that is outrageous! I am happy to learn that you won't have to pay anthing like that again.

#192911 - 10/30/09 04:29 PM Re: I would really like to scream! [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, glad you've made it to the other side of the health care system.

Anno, we tried the 24 hour home care and it didn't work. One gal stole his wallet, but we couldn't prove it. Funny how she never came back to work a day after that. Also, what do you do when they call and are running late and the person there has to leave?

It's a mess.

#192986 - 11/01/09 01:40 AM Re: I would really like to scream! [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

By LAW they have to give you your vacation or ask if maybe you'd take the money instead abaut it is up to the employee. Don't let them make you responsible for something thats their problem.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved