The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#191807 - 10/15/09 06:31 PM "Criminal Minds" and then some......
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Since I was a kid, I've always had my head buried in "detective cases," be it Nancy Drew books, Perry Mason on TV, or True Detective magazine. I liked figuring out "who done it."

Nowadays, TV has taken serious crime to a new level with shows like "Criminal Minds" and the reality shows on Discovery ID like "Forensic Files" and "Solved." I love most of them.

While the graphic nature of "CSI:NY" can sometimes seem way too much, even for this nurse, I am struck by the fine acting of Gary Sinese, so I'll watch it from time to time.

I like the creative storylines in "Medium" and Patricia Arquette's portrayal as psychic Alison DuBois. I try never to miss an episode.

I can see why "NCIS" is so very popular, with Mark Harmon and a very fine ensemble cast. Their playful interaction with each other as they solve crimes keeps me coming back for more.

My top show in prime time is "Criminal Minds." Regarding this show, TV Guide describes it as: "A procedural thriller about the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit, which profiles criminals to solve crimes. The ensemble drama relies on the team's diversity, which includes a young genius and a seasoned leader tortured by a past case. Unlike other crime dramas that focus on science, this series is very cerebral and almost Holmesian in its deductive analysis of the crimes and their perpetrators." For more: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/criminal_minds/#start

In my personal opinion, the show is a composite of excellent forensic analysis, well-integrated ensemble casting and realistic interaction, fascinating plotlines, and very creative dialogue. Each episode starts out with a quote from someone like Oscar Wilde or Ralph Waldo Emerson, then the quote provides the foundation to the unfolding drama, usually something which keeps me on the edge of my seat until the very end of the hour. I'm so hooked!

Then later in bed I head for the cable channel and "Golden Girls" to wind down for sleep.

Is there one show or type of show which has YOU always coming back for more?

#191816 - 10/15/09 07:16 PM Re: "Criminal Minds" and then some...... [Re: Josie]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
I wrote this in another area, but it may better-add to my post above:

As a child, I lived in a crime-infested neighborhood yet developed an interest in the subject of crime through many books, magazines, TV shows and movies. As a nurse, I treated victims of crimes for a number of years.

As a family member, I've had 2 immediate family members murdered and both killers remain free.

It's one of the reasons why I counsel surviving victims of serious crime and/or their family members to this very day. We support each other in our grief....

That said, I derive some fleeting sense of justice when I watch an episode of crime TV where the perpetrator is caught and some justice is obtained for the survivors. Would I call this traditional therapy? Nope. Does it work for me? Yup.

I lift my cup to whatever form of (legal) pleasure/escapism works for each of us!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved