The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#195503 - 12/09/09 09:52 AM Re: Genealogy [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

You and I seem to gel about geneology JJ. I also want to know about these three children.Wont be hard..the records will show other life events.
Bet there was talk in the village that week..

#197774 - 01/14/10 01:22 PM Re: Genealogy [Re: Mountain Ash]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I'm working on building a genealogy blog for my husbands family. Do any of you here have a genealogy blog? I'd like to see how you did it?
www.tidedancer.com

#197789 - 01/14/10 01:32 PM Re: Genealogy [Re: Sandpiper]
Mountain Ash Offline

A relation of mine has a blog on " My Heritage.."its by invitation only and has birthdays etc..its not mine to share but he build it and merged even the distant people..
I use Ancestry.co.uk and there email several people connected with different branches of my tree.
Its informal and due to me being here in Scotland I can add to their information..
I also have a file with a custom made grid and use this too.This printed off will be very attractive as another way to display my tree.
My intention is to have a bound copy for both my family..this is a work in progress..the interest just goes deeper and wider.

#197821 - 01/14/10 03:21 PM Re: Genealogy [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I don't have a blog, but I have done mom and dad's families, with the help of relatives. What a fun and in-depth thing to do. Be ready to be overwhelmed!

#197827 - 01/14/10 04:33 PM Re: Genealogy [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

JJ
did you find any Scottish/Irish links on your family tree.If so from where...

#197858 - 01/14/10 08:50 PM Re: Genealogy [Re: Sandpiper]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: Sandpiper
I'm working on building a genealogy blog for my husbands family. Do any of you here have a genealogy blog? I'd like to see how you did it?

Interesting, Sandpiper. Hope you enjoy doing this for family.

For myself it would be one unusual blog and I couldn't go backwards past my parents. There just wasn't money in my family in China for a camera/pics. I mean geez, the country was at war with the Japanese and Communists were taking over.

The idea of doing backwards research through our matrilineal and patrilineal lines, is just too much given language barriers, etc. and lack of documentation in some instances.

However the blog of my parents' generation and going forward would be twisty and unsusual. The interracial marriages and mixing has occurred probably in 20% of the this part of the tree from my own family to cousins and younger generation. Certainly visually, there would be some arresting photos.

Side note: This weekend I look forward to spending time with my 25 yr. old niece who will fly into town for a business conference. I've known her since she was a baby but haven't really talked to her in the last 10 years due to geographic distance and her growing up into a career woman from university. She working in a male-dominant field/industry.

She is the lst interracial child in our family. There are 3 others with a 4th one due in March. This bunch is from 2 sisters.

#197860 - 01/14/10 10:29 PM Re: Genealogy [Re: orchid]
Mountain Ash Offline

Thing is Orchid..starting a tree with your libranianship you could start a wonderful archive.
Myself..its the social/industrial and political..the morality and church that can be researched through the literature of a given time that draws my interest.then looking for comparative evidence.
also the naming patterns and names used in bygone times..love the womens names in particular.
ask your parents to share as much as they can..what I would give for five minutes question time with each generation that I have sourced.

#197888 - 01/15/10 04:34 AM Re: Genealogy [Re: Mountain Ash]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Dunno Mountain Ash. Collecting stories would be complex. Design of blog wouldn't be difficult.

It's a thought..later maybe after I blog on Olympics, cycling, etc. Alot later.

Sandpiper: I think for a geneaology blog, it's important to steer away from a literal physical family tree. Think instead of common categories or metadata tags that link family member groups together when one does a search. If you use Wordpress blogware, the categories field allows you to create a parent-child classification system for any area of human knowledge/subject, include your family geneaology. grin

I didn't use the parent-child (or main heading-sub-heading) classification for our company blog. It's harder to teach other folks to stick to even a simple standard of metadata tagging/classification (vs.library-trained folks and hard-core researchers).

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved