The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#191299 - 10/07/09 10:36 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Remember my friend from the posts above?

Well, two days ago her hubby had a heart attack. Yep...sure did. As it turns out though, it was a mild one and he is much better. But she is at her ropes end. I'm out of words. The "your faith will sustain you" sounds so empty now.

Help?

#191309 - 10/07/09 11:55 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Ouch! What can you say??? The fact that he had a mild heart attack could be a blessing-in-disguise...I've heard so many stories of the mild heart attacks being warnings, and led to these people changing their lifestyles and living much longer than if the milder one hadn't happened. I have two dear friends who had mild heart attacks many years ago and are convinced that they would be dead by now if the attacks hadn't happened when they did.

Not that that's much comfort to your friend right now.

(Maya Angelou)

#191330 - 10/08/09 06:08 AM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Quote:
The "your faith will sustain you" sounds so empty now.

Help?

You don't need to say anything to your friend, JJ. Just continue what you are doing now, which is making yourself available to her. The ordeals in the recent past can be very wearing to one's faith so, in the meantime, ours will sustain her. I have always believed that spiritual storm jars are much like the temporal ones. If our neighbour's stock of matches have been used up then, we draw to share from ours in order that she could light her candles. So, we continue to pray and have faith that all will be well for your friend and her husband.

#191348 - 10/08/09 01:59 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, love it.

There are times when we can't find words to pray, and that's why we have the community of believers to hold her up now.

How about taking her out to lunch for a little break?

#191351 - 10/08/09 03:24 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm thinking I'll take supper to them, even though they live in another town. Her hubby was her helper, now he's sick too. God love them both. So a big pot of potato soup would do it for them, with one of my Pathology Pies, I'm thinking. She can't leave to go to lunch because Hubby would need her to be there....so if you can't get Mohammad to the mountain, you go to Mohammad. Yes?

#191377 - 10/08/09 06:42 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Yeeeeeees. You're one heck of a gal and a friend, JJ. James Taylor must have had you in mind with his song.

#191431 - 10/09/09 05:21 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: jawjaw]
LTWayfaringWords Offline

Loc: Missouri, recently moved from ...
My heart aches for your friend. I'll keep her in my prayers. What the latest? Bless you for all you're doing for her!

#193423 - 11/06/09 09:24 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: LTWayfaringWords]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
JJ: How is your long term friend coming along? I feel badly that she has had such a run of tragedy in her life, which can certainly take its toll.

Does she have access to a grief support group online or off?
(I know it helped me when I lost most members of my family in a series of tragic events.)

Please know that I will keep your friend and you in my prayers. It's so good you are there for her in her time of need.

#196842 - 12/31/09 08:35 PM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: Josie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I'll pray, as well. My best friend has lost her faith and that's so difficult to witness.

I don't see every thread, all the time. I missed this.
And I understand how hard it is to watch such a thing happen to a loved one. I'll surely pray!

We all know people who endure way too much heartache. I don't understand that and question why some among us must suffer
more than their share. And generally they're the nicest folks
in the world!

Edited by jabber (01/01/10 07:21 PM)

#196932 - 01/02/10 02:14 AM Re: When your faith is worn down [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its just that sort of happening Josie and Jabber, that causes some people to lose what faith they had. That however is the time they need their faith the most.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved