The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#192150 - 10/20/09 07:14 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: Dotsie]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Thank you Dotsie. One of the symptoms associated with CHF is sleep apnea. He is attached to an IV.

#192169 - 10/20/09 08:47 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: ]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Mustang, could the doctor be trying a combination of medication that would work under the circumstances? Unfortunately, these do go by trial and error. I hope they find something that would help your stepfather. Prayers continue to be offered for you and yours.

#192196 - 10/21/09 02:47 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: Lola]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Thank you for your prayers ladies.

Lola, he is taking the correct prescribed medication, yet it is such a delicate balance and I'm not certain which ones at which times. I have a habit of finding the nurse assigned to his care and getting simple facts to assure my mother, who does not know the difference between a heart monitor and thermometer! She is so frazzled.

Anne, I think that some young pulmonary doctor gave his assumption to suffice my mother in a rushed environment. Luckily, that doc was wrong.

So, there are some small miracles, we'll take what we can get.

#192294 - 10/22/09 06:11 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: ]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Visited with him last night and he was a bit sprite. Walked about 30 feet today, and that was all he could handle. The doc has reduced his water intake. The salt intake has already been reduced and has affected his kidneys and will induce some type of sodium in his IV. He ate a few bites. Doc says it is a 2-edged sword. Sadly, I don't know if he'll come home.

Hospice stopped by yesterday and left, have not returned with information requested. I asked hospice last year the same questions and no answer.

Mom hurt my feelings b/c she says I show no emotion - well this is how I defend myself from the prior abuse. I do feel emotion, I just don't show it. I cannot express how scared I am.

I learned not to show emotion to my abusers, very monochrome (if you show emotion to an abuser they will take further advantage of another).

I'm being there as much as I can. I wish I could do something that would make him better.

What I can do is tell all individuals to take care of themselves physically and emotionally. To always get a second physician opionion and follow the prescribed methods for a long, healthy, productive, and as happy as possible life.

#192297 - 10/22/09 07:03 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: ]
MustangGal
Unregistered

What right does God have to take someone from us?

What right do we have to take someone's life?

How can this be?

#192769 - 10/28/09 08:32 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I was following another thread about this and am just seeing this one.

As you know mustang, there is nothing we can do to make others take care of themselves. They must want to do it themselves. Mom took care of herself and they misdiagnosed her and she died within seven months.

God gives and he takes away on His time. Does it help you to think that he's going to a better place where there is no sorrow or pain?

I don't mean to sound so frank, but dying is a part of living. Can you think of it as passing over to a better life?

Not sure if I'm helping, but that's my intention.

Sending love and prayers for you and your family.

#192783 - 10/28/09 10:02 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Mustang the first ever words I remember from Catholic School are:

God giveth, and God taketh away.

No one but GOD has the right to take the life of another.
I believe in capital punishment yes, but truthfully
NO ONE
but...
OUR HEAVENLY FATHER
has that right to take anyones life away, no one!

It is always sad to lose someone we love, it can be devastating but it is not ours to question when any of us will be taken. We can pray however that our loved one goes easily into the light of GODS love, and that He eases our pain as well. Death is a part of life as sad as that seems to us all.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#192848 - 10/29/09 07:13 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
IMO death of a loved one, is the hardest thing we humans have to
face. The fact that we all go through it, doesn't seem to make it any easier. I'm sorry they emotionally abuse you. Maybe just
because you're there, they lash out at you. I know how heart-breaking that can be. Put your arms Maverick and let concern for step-dad and mom stay on the back burner for a little while. Prayers and blessings,

#192895 - 10/30/09 01:16 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Groovy is doing ER training today and I'm worried because of
the H1N1; a hospital emergency room isn't exactly the best to
be hanging out right now! But I didn't say anything because
I know her heart is in the right place: i.e., trying to help
people in trouble!

#192908 - 10/30/09 02:19 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: jabber]
MustangGal
Unregistered

thank you gals. he has lost his spirit and asked to be taken off all systems. however, 2 days ago he was given testosterone and co q10, small fan directed towards face to stimulate breathing, together these small changes have helped the tiniest and his kidneys are functioning a bit better. he is so weak he cannot lift his own hands and arms. he's not eaten any solids in days, with exception of a chocolate milkshake yesterday. we hope he can get better so that he can come home and allow hospice to take care of him while. he does not want to pass away in the hospital.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved