The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#189375 - 09/04/09 07:26 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
thanks for putting up the poem again, it dose fit grand here. I also pop back in for others who need time to read or just think what to answer if they will . So if others come along then still think about it as it still be read in time.

it makes sense to me that you'd here god the way he could be heard by the individual but also in a way that stretches you, like what you saying eagle about trusting people ...then it makes sense for you because of your circumstance.

I know for whatever reason i hear more Canadians but especially Americans saying they here god than us scots and uk ones and i think that's cultural, cultural we more licklie to say its a guide or someone than actually god. So i will also keep that in mind too. You do here people saying a lot that god works throw them quicker than you heer them say i heard god. The first statement is a bit evasive and doesn't mention who gave the message for the work to be done...

So i guess i be giving some thought to my own circumstances and what areas may i not be ...or needing to be stretched 0r challenged within myself, i know i more comfortable saying oh that so and so , crystal who is 50 and providing more evidence of who they were so thir kids recognises them...telling (someones mum) to help their child until the child has enough evidense to know its thir mum and everything else that implies, afterlife, consciousness in after world etc.

I know some people do believe in god whole hartedlly but not the fact we have another life to go to. I also know i had enough evidence of my own that if i have chosen the wrong person as in the living person (child lol adult child mind you) for a message then its a mistake from my part and not theirs no afterlife or i am wrong or have lost it whatever that it is or ever was. So i give it all some more thought then as many time i been pussled by this very question but i never explane it right and people normale tell me the god is love question....and thats as far as we get lol when thats the first part but only the first part with the rest being more complex for me to explane in order to get the question answered.

more thinking to do oh and any more thoughts then jump in again eagle wink don't confine yourself to just one chance at answering this type of question more may be needed if ya think of more lol

#189388 - 09/04/09 09:22 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, when I picture you, I picture a loving person. Amen!

celtic, again, your questions make me think. Love it.

There are times I hear directly from God, which I refer to as the Holy Spirit, God with us.

Other times I hear God's voice through family, friends, strangers, women at BWS, etc.

I have not always heard God speak to me. In fact, I don't think I ever did until I chose to draw nearer to Him. Prior to that, I tuned Him out so I didn't even think about listening to Him.

Something that helps tremendously is opening ourselves to His voice and intentionally listening for it.

It also helps if we tell Him that we want to hear from Him, then be still and listen.

I may have a couple studies for you if you are interested. But only if you are interested! Happy to help you get a clearer picture if you'd like. Just post here and I'll go searching for you.

#189403 - 09/05/09 02:51 AM Re: Simply listen [Re: Dotsie]
celtic_flame Offline

great Dotsie fi you have a couple studies then i be delighted to read them.

thinking about the holy spirit distinction makes sense and i always forget about the 3rd part of the trinity when its an excellent example of how to make that direct link to god...
god as in, direct voice god talking, being the holy spirit. For me I'd be thinking more that that is my holy spirit or the part of me or MY spirit that is holy ...and that must hear god (being part of god itself, that is holy) then hearing that part of ME could be like listening to the part of me that directly hears god but being the much smarter god centred bit, still an achievement but still a part of me.

Somehow listening to that part of me is acceptable and achievable for me because it is simply finding that other part of me.

It still being different from a guide or guardian angel because it is the other part of me, but that part could also talk to a much purer part of god.

see i always saw an hierarchies and think that comes from my birth religion, not all of it bad in its explin3etry about god and hers an example of it not being bad in explication. For me the hierarchy is about bigger or more pure drops of god being up the ladder in terms of hierarchy. so it go like this within my holy spirit theirs the same essence that is god in its purest form. But its just a drop of pure form. Within another really holy person on earth they have cultivated that same pure drop to be a bigger drop by good needs, direct communication guiding their life so that one pure drop become the size of several pure drops.

For higher being already on the other side their pure drops are even bigger and can inform or instruct my original wee pure drop, which talks to me if i listen.

their, i have just mentally placed that bit together to allow for the hierarchy on earth and also beyond life but can include the humane being communicating directly with itself and itself as god fragment.

#189404 - 09/05/09 02:55 AM Re: Simply listen [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

dotsie you mentioned it but also for the others on topic of inviting this into your life

i do also believe you have to invite that amount of energy to come work with you too and it be a commitment to it as it makes to you.

heers a wee storie about working with others but eventualie working with myself and others for a spacific task to be done as i thought it at the time.

Id meditative before or now and hear my voice...but their be a time when my voiced would be joned with another in helping via my paid work, the flavour of that other would change according to what i was doing or what specifically needed done, ie working in a school with kids and thir best friend hung themselves over drug withdrawal. I was awake most of that previous night before visiting thir school thinking about drug suicides and not knowing why apart from being smart enough to promise to mention it next day...so i got some peace for the rest of the night. when i mentioned it and reaction i got next day then the priviouse night be obviouse why my sleep been disturbed and why it was important i start a domino effect by mentioning the drug suicides.

More relevant to this chat third be a much bigger part of me talking to another part of something else, and the idea of that freaked me because i needed to express the change to someone, but dint know how to. How could i explane it as being different without sounding conceited or arrogant or just plain bonkers. But i had to directly express this change to someone. Also i not necessary Christian but half of those times it felt Christ like in energy. I not talking about talking to Christ themselves but it felt Christ like and was causing me some conflict or confusion, i just rember feeling and trusting the energies, while forming my idea of what it was like as an energy and extensively testing it before being sure weather to trust it. I just do that for good reason before giving over my trust to it fully. we had been conversing for quite awhile too.

I now trying to rember how that relationship was broken up, think i wasn't ready for it and i had made a commitment to another physical person and they needed me to be very physically present and growned so it felt like i wasn't ready. I was also wondering wear it was leading and the leading frightened me.

I was told id be asked to work one sertine way by some physical people one day and i thought this was part of it and i wasn't ready to take that work commitment on. So though be clear and don't wast this energy time as i though they be important and have more joy elsewhere if they'd be looking to work a certine way.
its complicated but it comes back to point of being its necassary to ask then to work hard and have an an intension or commitment to what happens while its happening and developing.

It didn't occur to me to just wate and let the bigger energy chat away without thinking it was about working only. I though it had to be their for more than me, or more than my use....and now i aint sure why i myself wouldn't be enough, that my learning alone would't be enough to keep having this other keep talking to me.

#189405 - 09/05/09 04:46 AM Re: Simply listen [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Gals, I'm not a 'huggy' person, not at all... but as I was catching up on this thread, reading new posts, I felt this tugging urge to hug you all. Special hugs for Jose and Celtic - I needed something from both of you tonight. Won't go into it, here, but just know that you helped me.
Eagle, you and I think so much alike, sometimes I think we're ESP'g, and sometimes I wonder if we've lived parallel lives (outside of family structure). It's as if we've talked everything over - discussed everything to determine what we believe, feel... it's someimes very eerie. One thing, tho, I want you out of the darkness... out from under that cloud so your light can shine even more --- not that it's not blinding as it is. (((hugs)))
Jabber, wish you were my sister... been trying to think of a way to trade one of mine for you.
I want to say something to everyone of you --- but it would take FOREVER, and I'd (to use celtic's word) "bleather" away... not that I don't, already !!! lol... just know that I love you all!

About God speaking to us... I say, Ask him to!, as in:
"Dear God, I love you and want to hear FROM you. Speak to me, please."
How could he refuse?
Then be still and listen - feel - believe. Don't let anything distract you.
AND/BUT don't be surprised (if you try this sincerely and expectantly - believing it possible), when you break down sobbing tears of glorious joy. He loves you, he truly does.

#189410 - 09/05/09 08:11 AM Re: Simply listen [Re: gims]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Quote:
I also wonder how it can be clearlie seperated/? I know the forms of voice and the loving rule feeling uplifted when its heard etc no argument with that and also I know to garde agenst my own ego or negative energy.

Celt: You found the distinction in your later post: the unravelling from moral intuition to spiritual intuition.

Quote:
thinking about the holy spirit distinction makes sense and i always forget about the 3rd part of the trinity when its an excellent example of how to make that direct link to god...
god as in, direct voice god talking, being the holy spirit. For me I'd be thinking more that that is my holy spirit or the part of me or MY spirit that is holy ...and that must hear god (being part of god itself, that is holy) then hearing that part of ME could be like listening to the part of me that directly hears god but being the much smarter god centred bit, still an achievement but still a part of me.

Somehow listening to that part of me is acceptable and achievable for me because it is simply finding that other part of me.

It still being different from a guide or guardian angel because it is the other part of me, but that part could also talk to a much purer part of god.

see i always saw an hierarchies and think that comes from my birth religion, not all of it bad in its explin3etry about god and hers an example of it not being bad in explication. For me the hierarchy is about bigger or more pure drops of god being up the ladder in terms of hierarchy. so it go like this within my holy spirit theirs the same essence that is god in its purest form. But its just a drop of pure form. Within another really holy person on earth they have cultivated that same pure drop to be a bigger drop by good needs, direct communication guiding their life so that one pure drop become the size of several pure drops.

For higher being already on the other side their pure drops are even bigger and can inform or instruct my original wee pure drop, which talks to me if i listen.

their, i have just mentally placed that bit together to allow for the hierarchy on earth and also beyond life but can include the humane being communicating directly with itself and itself as god fragment.

#189414 - 09/05/09 01:56 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Lola]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
gims,
I do ask Him [God] to speak to me. And I pray often throughout the day. I'm trying to draw closer to God. And I will keep at it until I succeed. I have lots of God given perseverance!

#189415 - 09/05/09 02:11 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

The path to what we feel individually is walked in a unique personal way.
Where and how we are reared and nurtured.What faith if any a person absorbs.The personality and behaviour of those who nurture us.The type of education and friends we encounter.

My Presbyterian church in Scotland will differ from a Thai person who is a Buddist ..but spiritually I may have similar values..
so when I gauge anyone who is not similar to me I accept "difference"My wish is that is how the other views me.
Indeed someone who sits beside me in church may be same faith but spiritually different.
A student of philosophy or pyscology will have had windows opened that may add or detract to their prior faith...cause interal questions...I call this personal growth...
Its my belief we are all at stages all of the time..when I encounter someone and we engage in any way I see it as an opportunity and aim to be congrugent in my dealings.
If ever someone is out of order first I examine how I am acting myself...
I listen carefully oftimes hearing what others dont..then find out I was correct in my first impression.Chatterbox people who always have something to say on any matter often have little to contribute are often working out complex issues for themselves..never picking up the chance to gain by just "being"The chance to grow and evole is lost and not heard due to the over use of their words.

I LOVE quiet people who have often much to offer when they do open up.
There is a bit of me in everyone I meet and a bit of them in me..I believe that is God given.

#189459 - 09/06/09 10:16 PM Re: Simply listen [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
MA,
I find lots of wisdom in your post. And I truly believe there
is a little of God in all of us, too. And "The Believer" has
a great deal more than the non believer! IMO...

#189476 - 09/07/09 09:02 AM Re: Simply listen [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
MA always has lots of wisdom in her posts. I love reading them.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved