The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#187787 - 08/06/09 02:58 AM Re: Close Call [Re: jabber]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Jabber...I don't know why folks don't just pull over for their map-reading/make-up.

Anne...thank you sweetie...I am counting my blessings, believe-you-me.

#187791 - 08/06/09 02:07 PM Re: Close Call [Re: Dee]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dee,
I agree. But the most aggravating thing to me is seeing so many other drivers talking on the phone. If I need to telephone someone, I always find an appropriate spot to park first. People are dying because common sense is not being applied where the use of cell phones is concerned.

#187801 - 08/06/09 03:03 PM Re: Close Call [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, I'm guessing you aren't sore at all? I still can't get over the fact that you weren't hurt. The other day, we saw a bad boomer morotcycle accident shortly after it happened. We were on 695, where people go at least 55-60, and there was a paramedic leaning over a man on the side of the highway. It looked like two boomer men were out riding and one got hit. The other guy was next to his bike on his cell phone. I imagine he was calling loved ones. I can't stand motorcyles, especially on the highway.

#187816 - 08/06/09 07:23 PM Re: Close Call [Re: Dotsie]
Dee Offline

Dotsie...fortunately I wasn't hurt which really is a miracle in itself considering...I guess there's something to be said for being in a really big vehicle. I didn't even get a seatbelt bruise. Thank the Lord.
I'm not a motorcycle person either...I would not allow my sons to have one...knew too many people who lose their lives riding one.

#187871 - 08/07/09 01:55 PM Re: Close Call [Re: Dee]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dotsie & Dee,
First Dee let me chime in with, "I'm glad you were not hurt,"
once again. And I agree with the both of you that motorcycles
are way too dangerous. They scare the beegeebies out of me
when we're traveling on the thruways and expressways and those
tiny, little scooters weave in and out of traffic. Some of 'em
pass us like we're standing still. They must be doin' 70 miles
an hour, on a couple inches of tread. Every year while we're
in Florida more than one motorcyclist loses their life! I probably said that somewhere before, but boomers repeat themselves, sometimes ya know!

#188080 - 08/11/09 03:28 PM Re: Close Call [Re: jabber]
Dee Offline

Jabber...yes, it's amazing how fast folks can go on very little tread beneath them...and so many without protective clothing. Many cyclists say it's not the cyclists say it's other drivers that put them in danger and that's very true...it's sad when someone loses their life in any accident.

#188192 - 08/13/09 06:38 AM Re: Close Call [Re: Dee]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dee, it really is a miracle that you weren't hurt at all.

The guy who hit you is a complete and utter jerk, and I hope he stays locked up for a while.

People text, talk on phones, apply make-up etc. because it's all about them, right? What's such a big deal about hitting someone when you might've missed the latest gossip? ACKKKK!!

Poet and essayist

#188789 - 08/25/09 01:08 AM Re: Close Call [Re: meredithbead]
Dee Offline

Meredith...last week I received a phone call from the owner of the company whose employee hit me. (did I say that correctly?). He said he would have called me sooner but had just gotten the police report and my phone number. He asked if I was okay and if I needed anything. He was very apologetic and told me the guy who hit me had a lot of legal problems and if I needed anything to give him a call. I told him I was okay, the truck is okay and not to worry. I'm just glad it all ended well. Well, except for the guy who hit me. I don't think he'll be hugging any old ladies hoping they'll not call the police on him... smile

#188792 - 08/25/09 01:45 AM Re: Close Call [Re: Dee]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Sounds like a happy ending for you. Glad it ended well.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#189965 - 09/15/09 09:16 PM Re: Close Call [Re: yonuh]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I wonder how many innocent, law biding people are hurt and killed by reckless drivers on our roads today?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved