The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#186370 - 07/12/09 02:21 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: Songbird]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
"Love never dies!" I love that, jawjaw. And it's so true!

#186422 - 07/13/09 11:49 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: jabber]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
This has helped me tremendously, I still cry, but I don't feel like I am drowning so much anymore.

Blessing to all!

Love and Cheers,
Cathi

#186460 - 07/14/09 12:39 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
Perhaps you might write a letter to him, put it in a balloon, and send it into the sky (Heaven).

Love, Alice

#186475 - 07/14/09 06:42 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: Alice]
jabber Offline

Alice,
Wow! That's a cool concept. I never heard of that and sure would not have thought of it myself. That's neat and kind of sweet.

Edited by jabber (07/14/09 06:42 PM)

#186529 - 07/15/09 01:41 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Wisdom & Life,
Hope you feel a little lighter each day. Or did I say that already. Prayers and blessings,

#187196 - 07/26/09 03:59 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: jabber]
Wisdom&Life Offline

I really want to thank all of you for taking the time for your posts here. Truly, it is helping me and continues to do so. I still cry when I feel the need to, but I am not drowning. I am at peace, and now I am able to be here for my mom a bit better.

She is still in Greece and plans to stay there until Mid-November. I am going to try to talk her into moving next to me or with me, whatever she decides. There are several condos for sale in my neighborhood. This seems ideal given she will have me, Richard and her sister, and at the same time have her privacy. If she decides to live with us, then we have to move to a bigger play. I really don't like the thought of moving and I love the place we live in now.

Anyway, just wanted to give my sisters an update.

Love and Cheers,
Cathi

#187249 - 07/27/09 06:43 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Wow, I can't believe she'll be gone that long. How do you keep in touch with her while she's away? Elders living close to their kids gives them comfort. I know because my dad lives nearby and he's said he won't move from this area. I hope your mom is agreeable to live near you. That would make life so much easier.

#188321 - 08/15/09 03:57 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have been trying for years to get my mom to move here with me but she refuses because she wants to stay near my brother, who is elileptic and needs her. He can't drive etc., even thought he now lives alone and loves it.

I wish I had never moved away, can't even remember why I did. I miss the closeness of my mom and we've missed a lot of years. But I can't move back there either because all my immediate family is here. Catch 22...

I should have never left my home town and family. How many of you have moved away, and what about your own kids?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#188548 - 08/19/09 08:51 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: chatty lady]
WellnessGR Offline

I totally know you you feel Chatty, having dreamed of a Utopian world where all my distant friends and relatives would live close to me (or at least in the same state). I've mourned this for as long as I can remember.... Just this year, tired of the situation, I got a camera and have been on Skype. Have you tried that? I don't try to delude myself into thinking it's the real thing, but engaging live with friends and family, seeing spontaneous facial expressions, and their quirky behaviors has made me feel closer. The downside is that you can only use it with people who have the camera set-up, but this live video feed can be done via google, Yahoo and other websites too. It doesn't mend the heart, but manages to fill part of that void...

#188556 - 08/20/09 01:29 AM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: WellnessGR]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Quote:
I hope your mom is agreeable to live near you. That would make life so much easier.

Well, I put the bug in her ear and she was reluctant. I jumped in and said to her it was okay to take her time and think about it. It would be better, but I will not force her to do anything she doesn't want to do.

I have never lived far away from family before. This is the first time Richard and I have been alone. We didn't expect to have Sofia gone soon either.

Aside from my aunt who lives near me, we are alone. I thought it would be horrible and lonely, but we kind of like it. I'll be honest, last Christmas, I spent that day all by myself. It was due to numerous circumstances it ended up that way. It was the first time I did that in my life. I have to admit, it was so nice and peaceful.

Another factor and I am going to post this in another thread. I am going through some tests now because I am having some medical problems. I don't want my mom to know because she would be worried. Since my dad's death, she always pleads with me to take care of myself so she will not lose me either.

Anyway, I still miss my dad very much and I wish I could hug him one more time really good.

Love and hugs,
Cathi

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved