The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#185294 - 06/27/09 03:08 AM Re: Michael [Re: Dee]
Madelaine Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
what a little cutie!

#186387 - 07/13/09 09:17 AM photos of my grandchildren. [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Dee, you asked me to post a picture of "A". Well, you KNOW, my friend, you don't have to ask me to do that twice. These pictures were taken this past weekend with "A" and Michael. grin And to answer your question, yes they are both growing up bilingual. I allready feel sorry for you guys when the third grandchild is born in October. lol

#186390 - 07/13/09 01:15 PM Re: photos of my grandchildren. [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Between these gorgeous children and your photo taking skills, you are bound to win a photo contest one day. Your grandchildren look so happy, healthy and precious...and so do you. They look like they have oodles of personality.

#186419 - 07/13/09 11:30 PM Re: photos of my grandchildren. [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Those big, bright eyes on Michael are amazing. Both children are beautiful and I'm seeing the joy on your face Grannie, from the love they give to you.

If I am being nosey; ignore the question, if not, how is A doing with her mother now? Does she still cry when she has to go home?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#186441 - 07/14/09 05:45 AM Re: photos of my grandchildren. [Re: chatty lady]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Sweet photos! Michael's cheeks and toes are begging for a pinch and a tickle. Has he got all his teeth now, EW? And, A always brings a smile.

With all the beautiful photos you've taken of the grandchildren, have you thought of making a family calendar using those? It'll also be a good childhood memento for them. You can use Michael's photo watering grass for Spring, the one with post-its for Summer, A's egg painting with Opa for the Easter month, etc.

#186443 - 07/14/09 08:15 AM Re: photos of my grandchildren. [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Chatty, you aren’t being nosey at all. You girls have been accompanying my path with “A” for so long. You are family.

Yes, “A” still cries when she leaves us, but it isn’t the heart breaking sobbing anymore. Sometimes, but mostly not. Her mother has been trying to bond with her the past two months, and I think it’s working. She flew to Florida with her for 4 weeks, came back for our big birthday party, and to everyone’s surprise flew with “A” again to Florida for another 3 weeks. Apparently she got some cheap stand by tickets.

My dil claimed her grandmother is terminally ill, and she wanted to be with her. Oh please, her grandmother has Alzheimer’s, and doesn’t even know who her granddaughter is. (And yes, the grandmother is still alive today.) Oh well, the most amazing part of all this is that she and my son seem to get along very well. I don’t ask many questions. I’m just grateful when there is peace and harmony in the family, and that “A” has apparently adapted. The only thing that I find strange is she never goes to her Mom, at least when we are there.

My son and dil want us to come along on their summer vacation, end of August.. We would rent a Finca ( a Spanish farm house) on Mallorca. So, I take that for a good sign.

Lola, Michael’s mom creates those calendars every Christmas. I have made photo books though. I love them, and there is always one lying around in our living room to leaf through. How are your little angels doing?

#186448 - 07/14/09 10:21 AM Re: photos of my grandchildren. [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How cool that you've been invited on their vacation. What a blessing that is.

I wouldn't think too much aobut her coming to you instead of her mom. Remember, you raised her for quite awhile.

I'm glad things have settled for them. We all know that when our kids are happy, so are we.

#186471 - 07/14/09 04:49 PM Re: photos of my grandchildren. [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Grandkids are fabulously great and cannot wait for the summer holidays to start, EW. Likewise, I'm glad all is settling well.

#186473 - 07/14/09 06:32 PM Re: photos of my grandchildren. [Re: Lola]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Edelweiss3,
Your grandbabies are beautiful! I loved the pictures and glad
their family life is more peaceful.

Jawjaw,
What a neat article you wrote about your grandbeauties! I loved it. Today was the 1st I noticed it. You are so talented when it
comes to expressing feelings in a lighthearted, jovial manner.
I'm your biggest fan. You rock lady!

Again,
EW your grandson and granddaughter are awesome!

#186474 - 07/14/09 06:38 PM Re: photos of my grandchildren. [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
EW,
You look like a fun grandmother. My favorite person in the whole
world was my grandmother. I think about the things she said. I think about her apple pie and turkey dressing. I think about her
baby blue eyes and snow white hair. Grandmothers. They're the
greatest people on earth!

I have 4 granddaughters. My Italian baby was bilingual at an extremely young age. I'm close as skin with all 3 American grandbabies. Grandchildren. They're the greatest people on earth!

Edited by jabber (07/15/09 01:42 PM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved