The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#185058 - 06/24/09 09:05 AM Michael
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Remember when Michael was born? He's now 1 year and 5 months old. This picture was taken yesterday. He loves our ranch house and races from one room to the other. We gave him a teddy bear as big as he is, and he cuddles it like theres no tomorrow. He's such a sweety, always giving kisses and hugs.

Notice we are dressed as if it were a winter day! It's sooo cold, we have the heater going and the fireplace roaring. It's been raining day and night for the past 5 days!

#185059 - 06/24/09 10:57 AM Re: Michael [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
He is adorable. I love his eyes and his coloring. Oh my, what a doll. I hope you're taking lots of pictures of him. Any baby photo contests you could enter?

#185070 - 06/24/09 01:44 PM Re: Michael [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Absolutely he is a doll! Oh....I want him! Send him over. Auntie JJ will take good care of that little chap. I miss the days of cuddling with a baby...my grandbeauties are so big I can hardly get them in my lap!

#185103 - 06/24/09 08:37 PM Re: Michael [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I've been catching up on NABBW member articles, and came across this one from JJ about grandchildren. I don't even have grandchildren, and this made me laugh, especially the first line!

funny JJ

#185138 - 06/25/09 08:42 AM Re: Michael [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Oh gosh, thank you for posting the Link, Princess!!!

I don't think I have ever read a lovier article on grandchildren, ever!!! That was big heart warming time, JJ.

Michael has devolped his own accent. When he calls his mother its'; MAma. When he call me it's maMA! It's sooo funny, and he gets so frustrated if the wrong mama reacts. lol

#185142 - 06/25/09 01:01 PM Re: Michael [Re: Edelweiss3]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ah shucks, EW...<Queen sticks out toe and makes semi-circle with it while holding her head down in one of those embarrassed looks> you're making me blush, gal...thanks.

My grandbeauties are my world. Lea is four and has learned the word "distinguished." She picked it up from an educational show on TV. So we're off to the grocery store (to set the scene). Everyone that passes us in the store Lea stops and says, "You know, you are very distinguished." Oh boy...they all seemed to think she was really paying them a compliment. I just smiled and said, "She's really 15."

#185143 - 06/25/09 01:02 PM Re: Michael [Re: Edelweiss3]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Great looking kid, Edelweiss. I love that he has figured out how to use the same word differently for each of you.

JJ, once again, your words touch my heart and put a smile on my face. Love pours through your words.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#185274 - 06/26/09 06:55 PM Re: Michael [Re: Anno]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Michael's a year and five months already?!!! Gosh, I feel ooooooooooold. LOL! Is he up for sweeties yet?

JJ, loved your article.

#185278 - 06/26/09 07:26 PM Re: Michael [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss3 Offline

No the parents haven't given him anything sweet except fruit. Infact, they did a remarkable job. The mother nursed him over a year. And after nursing, he immediately drank from a cup. Never had a bottle! I find that amazing. He's such a happy baby, squeeling with delight at everything he sees, I would love to give him some chocolate...but no-no, slap my hand! His mama would kill me.

By the way, " A is coming back from Florida next week. Can't wait to see my Pumpiamkin! I wonder if she speaks German with a southern accent now. That would be cute.

#185292 - 06/27/09 02:58 AM Re: Michael [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dee Offline

EW...he's a darlin' little guy. So cute and how lucky is he to have you as grandmother.

Are you teaching him both German and English? One thing I am impressed with Europe about is the importance of speaking more than one to two languages. I was amazed at how many Europeans could speak english.

And how about your little A coming home again...how sweet will that be. Please, post a photo of the two of you (or 3) together. I bet you can't wait to see her. Give her a huge hug and smooch from her Aunt Dee.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved