The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 71 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#184144 - 06/12/09 01:19 PM Re: Beyond the Tears is Required Reading at Univer [Re: meredithbead]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
My hat is off too you, Princess. Congratulations and all of that jazz. Ride high on this honor, my friend.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#184195 - 06/13/09 12:15 PM Re: Beyond the Tears is Required Reading at Univer [Re: Anno]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Princess..CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You and your book are so worth it all!!!
I am SOOO glad that we women who have been thru such hell and pain in our lives can perhaps help the younger generation to face what they are going thru and perhaps heal more quickly and completely. I don´t know if the scars can ever go away totally..but perhaps they can be eased..made to fade away a bit more? And reading your book gives hope..and doesn´t minimize the pain to do it.

I am so happy for YOU..and for all of us!

Hugs!!!

#184220 - 06/13/09 08:53 PM Re: Beyond the Tears is Required Reading at Univer [Re: meredithbead]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
To Chatty and Edelweiss: Thank you Chatty: I have been saying for years I will be on Oprah......if not, it won't be because I haven't been working hard at it! A friend of mine, said you did a wonderful job editing my story!

Edelweiss: My interview went wonderfully; the woman interviewing me was a christian, so it made it easier to talk about the spirtiual (church) abuse, etc....I was a little nervous (dark studio, huge microphone), and I had tons of stuff in my head I wanted to get out. She introduced me as an "author, poet, etc...and I thought---is she talking about ME? It seems it should always be someone else, LOl, LOL Will let you know when it airs (it will be on the 'net)

Love n Hugs, Alice

#184221 - 06/13/09 09:08 PM Re: Beyond the Tears is Required Reading at Univer [Re: Alice]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Princess Lenora, congratulations my friend. What a heart-lifting occasion for you and those of us who have been rooting from the sidelines for so long. I yearn for the day when you're on Oprah!

(Maya Angelou)

#184230 - 06/13/09 11:44 PM Re: Beyond the Tears is Required Reading at Univer [Re: Alice]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thank you for the accolades. It is indeed an honor to have my book chosen. Dotsie, I sent you a PM noting that it is Towson University, and that I thought the acknowledge ment of the book might be from our interview on the teleseminar last April 2008? Imagine how far reaching your influence is via the internet, and you may never even know. Or, it could be Ginny and Anne. They were wonderful interviewers. Maybe I could get an invite to speak at TU. I did sent the professor a letter thanking her for selecting TEARS. I can't say much of the student's profile, but I will say that I have her permission to share this: My experiences resonated through Lynn’s, throughout her entire story, ranging from her feelings, to her situations, to her reactions to her experiences and to not knowing the impact her experiences have on the person she became.
While reading I related to Lynn as if she could read my mind.
Yes it was required reading and everyone loved it
I just wanted to tell you that your book was truly inspiring and helpful to me.

Humlan wrote: And reading your book gives hope
Yes, that is the ultimate message. I'm glad it gets across. Dotsie, stay at your house? I'd be thrilled!
Alice, I'm eager to hear your interview! xxoo

Edited by Princess Lenora (06/13/09 11:47 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved