The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 95 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#184717 - 06/20/09 03:26 AM Re: Over-laundering clothes [Re: Ellemm]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Living in the south it's wear once and into the wash...here's one for you...have you had clothes in the dryer and having clothes in the washer...the dryer stops before the washing machine and you forget about them...then when the washer stop you find all the clothes in the dryer are wrinkled so I toss in a damp wash cloth to regenerate the moisture to dewrinkle the clothes...then I get busy doing something else and it's the next day before I realize I've forgotten the laundry...which means another damp wash cloth goes into the dryer to regenerate the moisture to dewrinkle the clothes and the load in the washer gets washed again because they smell funny...and on and on it goes...Anyone else this dysfunctional with their laundry?

#186892 - 07/21/09 11:50 AM Re: Over-laundering clothes [Re: Dee]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dee,

Absolutely! I hate when I do that!

Laundry is just one of those things!

:0)

Danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#186902 - 07/21/09 02:36 PM Re: Over-laundering clothes [Re: Danita]
Mountain Ash Offline

I line dry everything.wash everyday .During senior school we were taught Home Economics which included laundry by a formidible lady .cooking from scratch .Exams set by Scottish standard countrywide.
How to hang a washing....presoak...boil linens starch mens collars..tablecovers ..nurses caps ..all the old stuff.
How to iron a hankerchief..where an intial or embroidery was on the corner..what had to be washed outside in..
so my automatic washing machiene is my best frien in the kitchen..
I DO have a system where the towels dry best..bedlinen gets the best blow from the wind..and panties and bras discretly away from my door where callers would see my cup size(No kidding)
having been taught old school when a family member hangs stuff out not to my system I itch to change things but dont..I dont think I am obsessive about laundry but always believed the subject was as important as science..which indeed was the basis of my first career.
The culture/climate we grow up in will be a factor in our belief system.Terry nappies(diapers)with muslin linings were used by me and all my peers. at that time I had a drier way before most people in order to keep the baby laundry on target.I air laundry on a wooden clothes rack and iron almost everything..
My daughter did not have this training..a modified cookery course only for two years.One generation changed the sylabus.

#188012 - 08/10/09 02:37 AM Re: Over-laundering clothes [Re: Dee]
KathyC Offline

Loc: North of Dallas, TX
Originally Posted By: Dee
Living in the south it's wear once and into the wash...here's one for you...have you had clothes in the dryer and having clothes in the washer...the dryer stops before the washing machine and you forget about them...then when the washer stop you find all the clothes in the dryer are wrinkled so I toss in a damp wash cloth to regenerate the moisture to dewrinkle the clothes...then I get busy doing something else and it's the next day before I realize I've forgotten the laundry...which means another damp wash cloth goes into the dryer to regenerate the moisture to dewrinkle the clothes and the load in the washer gets washed again because they smell funny...and on and on it goes...Anyone else this dysfunctional with their laundry?

I use a timer when I'm doing laundry. Otherwise I'd be in the same boat as you.

Does your dryer have a "done buzzer"? Mine does, but I don't use it, it's too obnoxious. And I can hear the dryer from just about every room in the house.

#189616 - 09/09/09 04:13 PM Re: Over-laundering clothes [Re: KathyC]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
Okay, I'd love to see you gals poll this and see what different opinions are. If your kitchen cabinets are new with laminated shelfs do you n eed to put in shelf paper? Do you use it? Thanks for opinions.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved