The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 61 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#179885 - 04/10/09 10:30 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Okay heres one:

When do our darling little sons turn into these self absorbed, cheating, lying, skum bags? And why are the bad ones the norm?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179896 - 04/11/09 01:48 AM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: chatty lady]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Why do they think they have to 'fix' everything that goes wrong in our lives?
What's wrong with just listening and being supportive?
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#179907 - 04/11/09 02:54 AM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: yonuh]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
To piggy back on Yonuh's...
What can a female do to get a male to listen, really listen and converse - interject thoughts of value, instead of 'yes, dear,' 'whatever you say,' 'hummm, I don't know' or nothing at all. That's the one thing lacking in my marriage, good confabs. My DH is a joker and loves talking to people, but to get a stimulating conversation going with him is almost not possible. And, for one that thinks a good conversation is as good as s##, I feel I've been cheated these past 35 years.

#179933 - 04/11/09 07:13 AM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: gims]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Gims want to do a husband swap for a week?

My husband is a news fanatic. He loves talking politics and especially the horrible things going on in this world. We’ll be playing golf on a beautiful day and he’ll call across the course, “ the death toll from the Earthquake in Italien is up to 200!!!!”

>>Boing<<

“Oh dear Hubby! I didn’t mean to aim the golf ball into your mouth!”

Or I’ll be half off into slumber land, sunning on a deck chair, when I hear him rushing over to me, rustling his newspaper and reading to me only the most horrible disgusting stuff.

When I grab it from him to make spit balls, he does get distracted. But he spits a lot further than I can, and is really grumpy about it. Why is that?

So….you give me your joking Hubby for a few days and you can have mine for a few days…and at the end of the week we will exchange our thoughts. I say men should be like marble cake…a little bitter chocolate a little creamy vanilla and a lot of sugar.

#179982 - 04/11/09 08:33 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: ]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
EW, it's a deal!
However, not only does yours have to bring the news, he must give his opinion about it. I want conversation, not just speak.

Same, anne327, I want 'stimulating' conversation, which goes beyond a 'listening' man - I need them to REALLY listen & THINK. DH listens, doesn't often remember what was said when I try to get him to recall later, so I'm assuming he doesn't REALLY listen. I tried the method of getting him to repeat what was said, for awhile. Took too much effort.
We rarely talk anymore, other than common... because I don't initiate as I use to.
I have to wait 'til we visit our oldest daughter & hers, so I can have healthy word rallies with my son-n-law.
I don't want all serious, but I do like conversations to have substance... When a young mother I didn't want to talk bottle sterilization, dirty diapers, or baby fashions. I'm still that way... needing something to chew on.

#181964 - 05/11/09 06:40 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies, don't forget to sign up for this teleseminar. You can read all about it and register HERE ! The teleseminar is next Tuesday, 19th May at 3:00 pm.

You can register through Monday, but not on Tuesday, so hurry on over!

#181978 - 05/11/09 07:55 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: jawjaw]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Is it 3 pm eastern time?? You may want to mention that.

#181979 - 05/11/09 08:09 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: Di]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yes, thank you Di....if you go to the page to register, it tells you there, but as with all of our teleseminars, it is EST (Eastern Standard Time)

#181993 - 05/11/09 10:30 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Added it to my calendar, this sounds like a good one. Its at noon for us out here in Pacific time.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#182452 - 05/17/09 11:34 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: jawjaw]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
A friend does not "do" emails/internet etc. But she wants to listen in. Can I just give her the info that I receive.....she is not a member here.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved