The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 65 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#183299 - 05/29/09 12:31 PM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Being in business and taking "credit cards" locally and online, I have to say there has been no problems at all. In fact, we have had over 400 CC transactions and none were bad.

Also, the pattern has been that more of the men use Paypal (online) than women. I wonder why that is. I use Paypal when I can in purchasing items. Many of our suppliers offer Paypal so I use it. In fact, their fees are a tad bit lower than that of our Merchant Services (CC company) so we get charged less when a customer purchases from us.

We feel that CC's are very safe online and have never had problems personally or in business.

#183660 - 06/04/09 12:50 AM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: Di]
underwearmaven Offline

Loc: Winston Salem, NC
I also sell on line and take credit cards via the internet or over the phone.
1. I use Quick Books as my Merchant Processor. When a customer orders on line I NEVER SEE THE CREDIT CARD NUMBER.
2. I just know what type of card and that it's paid.
3. I can't recharge them only provide refunds. (Once I meant to refund shipping and credited the entire invoice. But she sent me a check to pay me for my mistake- most folks are honest.)
4. I like not seeing the CC number because it protects me - the on line store. It never occurred to me when I ordered on line that the on line store might not see my number but it makes sense to me now.
5. I also decided to pay an additional fee to Quick Books to allow me to also take credit cards over the phone which this thread has validated was a smart move.
6. It's usually older customers that prefer to provide credit card numbers via the phone and not the web. I'm cool either way and sometimes it's fun to connect to a customer via voice.

I sell the same products on my dedicated Web Store, on my Ebay store, and on Amazon. I take credit cards and PayPal (PayPal is cool because you can get confirmation tracking for 1st class mail). I'm a wiz at USPS shipping features and print my own postage labels with my 30 dollar "all in one" printer/scanner/copier (grayscale only don't want to waste colored ink.) I ship international too and haven't had any problems - wonder why more merchants don't.

I'm rambling and signing off.

#183662 - 06/04/09 01:03 AM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: underwearmaven]
Di Offline

Originally Posted By: underwearmaven
I ship international too and haven't had any problems - wonder why more merchants don't.

I agree there, We ship internationally, too. Our products have gone to Canada, the UK, Malta, Australia so far. It's not difficult at all. I think some don't want to "bother" with customs forms. But it's really easy!

#183674 - 06/04/09 11:33 AM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: Di]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
underwearmaven, I use authorize.net and the same points you've made are also true for me. I never know a person's whole cc number, not do I want to.

I also ship all over. However, most members are from the U.S. and Canada. We have the best postal women at our local post office. They are all so personable and fun. Makes going to the post office a nice little errand.

#183683 - 06/04/09 11:52 AM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: Dotsie]
underwearmaven Offline

Loc: Winston Salem, NC
Good Morning! I hope I didn't come off like bragging in my earlier post about the many ways I TRY to make a profitable business on line via Amazon, Ebay, own store front, etc. I'd prefer to be wholesale only.

#184447 - 06/17/09 02:19 AM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: underwearmaven]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
underwearmaven, i did't read it as bragging but juust listing the diff types and most people don't know the person dose't get to see nu untill thir selling...so your giving the other side of storie, nuthing wrong with that.

think Pay pal has the advantige becouse of trust and also i found them cheeper than c M aswell di.

i had something comming to me from usa and for first time it got stopped and i got a 20+ bill to pay on top of everything becouse of customs. That wase't a good day.

Most USA sellers charge over and above for postage to uk which is mostlie unnecassary and very offputing.

#184448 - 06/17/09 02:20 AM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

UnderWearMaven and DI

how did you first find out about posting internationalie and cost and customs stuff thats needed for diff countries?

#184452 - 06/17/09 03:13 AM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: celtic_flame]
Di Offline

We print our shipping directly from the web. They calculate the cost after we input the weight of the package. No need to stand in line at the post office!

We charge what the postal office says. Although we do receive a tiny discount FOR shipping online!

#184706 - 06/20/09 01:06 AM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: Di]
celtic_flame Offline

woow you can do that for international packages? thats cool

not found similare heer in our royal mail servises think i might have to go fed ex and private.

what about shipping taxes of the variouse countries say when you shipp xxx amount to italie or wearever do you encounbter duties for that from the other countries?

#184711 - 06/20/09 02:07 AM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: celtic_flame]
Di Offline

All we do is ship the pkgs. Whatever happens on the end of the receiver we don't know.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved